Le Tour, Yorkshire

JaneF

I know many Wheelers are looking to attend this event and struggling to find accommodation in the area, may I suggest the following website www.universityrooms.com look under Leeds and I found 40 single rooms ensuite available for Friday 4th July at £49 per night. Storm Jameson Court, central Leeds

None for Sat 5th,

Rooms at York University in Franklin House at £59 single ensuite for Saturday 5th, doubles( £90) and singles for Friday 4th and Sunday 6th

Also found B&B Knowles Lodge at Appletreewick, through link off the same source says available that weekend??? Also offers camping with minimal facilities on site for £2.50 a head http://www.knowleslodge.com/

It might help some of you to see the event.

Bonne Chance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Guys

I'll be down that weekend staying at parents house which is 2 miles from the finish on day 2. On day 1 (Sat) intend to go to Harewood House - big country pile with acres of grounds - which is just outside Leeds and is hosting a weekend festival of cycling. The peloton will go through at lunch time.

On day two the plan is to go for a ride in the morning on some of the roads near the finish (eg around Holmfirth and up Holm Moss, which is the last major climb apart from the finish). After that, get down to Meadowhall Shopping Centre and walk to the finish up Jenkin Road, which is a Liege-Bastone-Liege -type finish.

Anyone in the vicinity is welcome to join us for all or part.