track 11th Dec 2013

Alan McLean

Team pursuit made simple

The start

Each rider will be held up on the track aprox 1 m apart

On the gun go in a straight line don't try to follow the other riders wheel

Whilst going round corner 1 and 2 you will naturally be able to drop down on to the wheel in front

Changes

Change every lap front rider pulls high up the track in first third of corner look for the last riders saddle and come down fairly steeply to join the line

Your turn finishes when you have rejoined the line not when you have pulled up

The finish

On final corner and straight the following riders should try and bunch up (not slow down) to cross the finishing line

Simple

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good night in the Cs. 32 lap Points race to start and Alan was off the front for a fair bit of that and managed to stay away with another rider for one of the sprint laps (maybe even two?) with the bunch chasing hard. Paul and Billy scored some points too. My legs felt good but i ended up thinking about making a move rather than doing it. Next up 30 lap scratch and some team tactics...well executed by everyone apart from me as another rider got inbetween myself and Alan when moving to the front as Billy was putting in a monster effort. After that a 20 lap scratch and the tactics worked this time and i got the win. However we all ended up getting a warning for riding as a team afterwards. Oops!

Anyway thanks for the help, not sure what i did to deserve it but it was much appreciated :)

Good fun last night fairly enjoyed the race tactics was feeling strong for the first time in ages

Pity I wasn't strong and fast we had a wee chat and decided that I would be the domestic and get to the front with 4 to go Alan Paul and Iain to finish it off it sort of worked on the first race but I hit the front with 8 or 9 laps and Iain got boxed in

Second race it worked perfectly

• Committee

Got half a lap ahead in a break of three in the points race but not strong enough to stay away. At least I have abandoned futile solo attacks.

Faded in the last two laps of scratch races when speed went up.

Need to either improve sprint or endurance or tactics or all three.

Will do squats all week.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan, Billy, don't sell yourself short, I won't and I will declare we were part of a well oiled machine that executed perfect tactics to put our man over the line first.

Legality is a grey area, mentioned to commissaire I know and he said in open track racing no problem. Also the guy who was most upset was the guy who went to front with teammate after two laps then his teammate attacked very hard whilst being shouted on and blocked for by said unhappy chappy. Storm teacup.

However, threat of being put in A group was enough to make me rethink and apologise !?

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

I thought your team tactics were great and were well appreciated by most of the d riders waiting to come on. Just got to get it right next week now.

Only thing is now, more clubs might start using team tactics as well, but surely that can only drive standards up, as it will make it harder to win solo.