Renfrew Bunch Saturday's in winter

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Our friends and neighbours in the cooooriers were asking when we might start the Saturday morning bogs bunch for the winter. Date pencilled in is Saturday 5th October. For those thinking about it for first time then better to start earlier when the pace is slower and it is generally more mellow.

Distance 60 miles or a bit more come Dec / Jan.

Pace average now about 19 increasing to around 21 after Christmas.

:)

James, I found that they waited for punctures etc until Xmas when things get more serious.

The pace is steady up until xmas too. It gets faster after then but is generally steady to Largs.

It then ramps up on the way home with mucus splattered bodies scattered along the road to lugton.

Very good fun & will be how I spend my Saturday's this winter :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

All

Please be assured that no one will get angry at you if your bunch skills are not the most developed, people will try and help you out. I can guarantee you everyone will wait for mechanicals up to Christmas. But not for those who can't keep up. This is not a rude thing it is just that there is normally a need to keep warm and keep moving at a decent pace as it is normally 4 hours in inclement weather. There is nothing to lose if you come out, worst that can happen is you get dropped.

It's true that after xmas there is generally a balls out approach after Largs. And certainly after Kilwinning where it is last man standing.

:)

Hope to do some 'cross races so not every week and as for the hilarous banter I'll leave it to your big pal George to keep you entertained.

See you on the road.

Chain Reaction were doing winter Ridley frame/forks for pennies not that long ago so maybe worth a look but I thought you signed up elites got freebie bikes?

D

Afraid Ross & I only communicate through lawyers these days.

The passion died and, in the end, it was a relief when it was over.

He just wasn't the same man I fell in love with.

In the end, we agreed he could have the fondue but I''ll be damned if he takes my Earth, Wind & Fire vinyl collection.

The abuse started early on, I used to have to pretend i had fallen of my bike to excuse the bruises.

I get the roxy the chihuahua every second Wednesday. And the earth, wind and fire vinyl has a scrape down the back of it!

Hopefully wont see you over the winter and my lawyer will be calling because this is a breach of the restraining order!