Alternate 21st July

DavieB

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Richard, I was attacked by a bear while riding up the rest last year.

I'm not doing the ride without decent hauners.

Davie, if we do your ride, can we ride on some "roads"

Not the Bosnia after years of shelling & tank ravaging tracks that you frequent.

George,

Sample plan...

Howwood, Kilmacolm, Old Greenock Road and doon the Whin, up Brisbane Glen and then Col de la Fairlie Moor (watch out for the bears!), Dalgarvan Mill then home.

Decent roads with relatively little traffic dodging.

D

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Nooooooo!!!! Not the return of Toole! :(

ok. This suits me. Only 2 confirmed for Dunoon so I'll sack that and go with mr b's route.

Guest Ross Toole

Since this is Belgium Borlands run, I guess there is no cafe stop! So at the end I'm going stop at lochwinnoch for a latte and calypo, if anyone wants to join me?

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Sooooo,

Erm, well, it went like this. 25mph from Johnstone then a good clip over to Kilmacolm.

Up loch thom (Colin, Couttie, Davie B left in my substantial wake)

Was caught out blethering off the back of the group so had to chase flat out for a mile. Made contact just as Ross put the boot in.

This led to 6 of us strung out over the top & down into Largs.

Saw Davie limping past the bagel. Big boys fault. Hope you're ok mate.

A batter along the coast & up Fairlie Moor (bogus directions led to Colin & I missing the turn & just sauntering up in let the buggers wait for us mode:)

I found myself fluctuating between that joy of cycling mode & thinking that I never want to see those guys again :)

Absolutely no order to the run, just a right good batter & FUN :)

Aye George I'm fine, didn't see any bikes at the BB so did not stop. Surprised you did not catch me on the way in as you could have had a 3 course meal by the time I had reached the turn off to the moor climb.

First thing I did when I got in was withdraw from the Barmill race next weekend which about says it all.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Today was as promised lively and entertaining and in the spirit of previous runs such as Transmitter Hill and Ayrshire Alps. Great bunch riding out to Howwood then Greenock. Once we hit the Old Largs Road climb we were well stretched out. Regrouping at Largs and Das Bagekhausen was most welcome. As per earlier posting the Col de Fairlie was taken. More stretching and leg bending with regroup in Dalry. Nice bunch ride back home. Chapeaux au Toole, McPhee, Couttie. Also especially Paul C who was unrelenting in keeping with bunch. Also to George who out in a hard effort all morning. Davie thanks for initiating and organising this run. It was a fantastically fun morning and excellent rout by the club's Belgian

Andy