Intermediate - 5th May to BB

GrahamF

Thanks Mary and Graham. Good run despite the changeable weather. Thanks for keeping Mark right. He enjoyed the run and the pace was perfect . Had

to push on home from the Clune as had lots to get done for Sunday dinner. Thanks again for the good company. See you soon. Good to see Tony too. Hope you had a good run.

Len

A very enjoyable run to Largs today with the intermediate group. Graham and I set out from the clubrooms accompanied, as far as Lochwinnoch, by Greig and Elaine who were recovering from Drumlanrig the day before! At Lochwinnoch we were joined by Len McD and Mark and, for a short while, Tony Carrigan. Four of us then headed via Kilbirnie and the Hayley Brae to Largs with a café stop at the BB - then back along the coast and up the Clune where Len and Mark headed for Lochwinnoch, Graham and I came back on the track to Kilmacolm and I headed home to Glasgow. Very windy on the way out (and wet in parts), with a nice fast (for me!) run back along the coast and into the wind again once up the Clune. Thanks to all for the company and to Graham for posting the route. p.s. Note to self: don't let that Mark one go the front for any length of time if you want to have a cat's chance of keeping up! ;)

If it makes you feel better Mary he was burnt out when we cleared the clune. He doesn't understand pacing himself yet! His old step dad took the legs off him on the way home. Difference is I rested today, he did another 60ish miles. The benefit of youth.