Velo 20

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Astonishing debut by Fergus with 3 wins and a second in the D group.

And great performances from Big Al (win) skinny Al (2nd) and Billy (2nd and 3rd) in C's

And Lewis with a 2nd in B devil.

Not too sure of jets results as was warming up whilst they were racing.

Last week next week before a break, hope to make it

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

And just a thought Fergus. It might seem a daunting step but the B races give you a bit more racing in terms of laps so might be worth a thought, 10 lap scratch, 20 lap points, devil then 40 lap scratch.

I suppose it's really only the final 40 lapper which is much different.

• Committee

Yes a storming performance by Fergus in his first and last race in the D group. May well be bumped up to Bs.

Paul was at the front of the Bs but just pipped to podiums.

Billy and I laid down some smacktalk before the points but we were so badly positioned (and slow in my case) that we could only watch as Big Al dieseled away to win in a great break and lapped the field, which is pretty cool in a 20 lap race.

I hung on at the front for about fifteen laps in the devil to get the 2nd and found myself in the wind again to pull Billy over the line for a podium in the final scratch to match podium in the first.

Now waiting for one of the Jets to make their report.

This has been a great winter of track racing.

The new format will be a three week rotation of endurance/sprint/youth&women's racing which will allow us all to get some weekday evening rides outside.

Personally I think a couple of 80 lap scratch races every three weeks could be a good way of maintaining interest and skills.

Not racing 27th but will arrive late for coffee.