track league 23/1/13

Alan McLean

• Committee

Katie in youths. Not me this time, need to get back early after youths.

I like track league but it can take a LOT of time in the seniors, we were once home at 2245 after dropping people off.

(mind you, what else would you do on a winter's night?)

Anyway, hoping for a good youth turnout.

Alan

• Committee

I think we had eight riders in total today. Senior ranks were reduced to George and Billy who were both in at the kill in their races but we had a much better turnout in the youths with six riders.

Lewis was working hard at the sharp end in the senior B group again and the other five were in the Youth only races where they were riding very fast and much neater than the seniors.

All our young riders were right in the bunch throughout their races. Good attacks from Euan, Danny and Sarah at the sharp end and Katie and Alana were only a wheel short of the best riders. Euan learnt how to tighten his seat post Stoooopid! .

The club coaches were pretty pleased to see five Jets in the last seven of the devil :icon_yes .

One year ago I reckon we would have seen riders pinging off the back every few seconds but our young riders are now holding their own with the best around. Just need 1% more!

I joined the trolls in track centre and had a great time.

Alan

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

"in at the kill"

Alan, if things don't work out in the medical profession you would be a natural in the world of P.R. :)

Bit better tonight, managed to briefly get off the front & put the foot down a wee bit but my lack of track nous lets me down as I keep

riding so far up the banking that I'm doing 50 metres extra per race :(

Very good fun tho. Also a very sociable evening.

Good fun tonight but crap performance none of my races were very fast however I had nothing in my legs

First race some bad riding made me sit towards the back , had my usual indifferent devil then had a three lap blast in the points race which ended my night as I cod not stop coughing

Might race next week then two weeks forced break elf and safety course