Bridge-Fintry-Crow Run 21st Oct

chung

• Life Members

Hi all,

I think the forecast for this sunday is quite good, so I'm thinking of heading over the water again, the following is my propose route (providing I don't get lost)

8.45 Club room - Bridge - Dumbarton - Bonhill - Cycle route 7 - Croftamie - Killearn - Fintry - Crow Road - Lennoxtown Cafe - Bridge - Home

Not quite sure of mileage, probably 60ish with obvious climb on the Crow road.

I think a 8.45 am start is ideal as don't want to clash with the Troon Train or the 30 milers.

Again I would appreciate your post if you intent to come so I could make alternative arrangement for meeting point if it suit others i.e the bridge.

Apologies to Paul C & the Troon run for not joining in, I just want a change of scenery before the weather really sets in, when staying this side of the bridge is more suitable. Have a good one guys!

Cheers

Chung

Chung,

Why are are you undermining the the sunday club run?

This not acceptable.

The troon run has been posted for a while and that is where are going.

The distance is about the same as your proposed route.

Please join us for the Troon run.

Luv N kisses,

Paul C

• Life Members

Paul,

I never intended to "undermine" anybody's run when I post a run which I want to do which do not involve heading towards the Ayrshire coast. I find it really boring & which I'm sure will see plenty of in the coming months, so I just want something different for the time being.

When I post a run, I don't expect a large crowd to turn up, I'm fine with just a few soul that come along. It's not as if I'm making people miss the "Main Bunch", am I?

The distance is not an issue here, I want to do some proper hills when I go out. I just don't fancy riding on the flats all the time, am I not allow to do that?

I never see the point in posting run so well in advance anyway, you don't need to plan that far ahead. It's not training, well at least not how I envisage club runs should be anyway. You have to see & adjust to what the weather throws at you when runs are posted, how can you tell what the weather is like in the next few weeks or months!

Also, people complain about no one posting run, but how can they if runs are posted so far in advance, it doesn't allow them opportunity to do so, do they?

So, Paul with due respect I think I'm entitle to post a run if I want to. If you fancy coming along then you're more than welcome to, if not then thats fine too. Please don't comment on whether I can or cannot do & I'll do likewise with any runs that's posted on the bunch.

Don't worry Paul, sooner or later you'll see me more & probably be sick of my face when the winter weather sets in.

Chung

Sorry - Chung.

Did not mean to cause offence - of course you are free to pedal where you wish!

I think one can of beer to many last night!!

Paul yer awfy carnaptious with a drink in ye! :lol:

Good to see Chung didn't rise to the bait....

• Life Members

A wee report on today's run.

I didn't have much expectation in terms of number when I pedaled into the club room this morning, however by the time we were on the Georgetown road we had 9 riders in tow - Bill T, Campbell, Len, Young Mark, Boyde, Mary, Peter (who was out last month with the combine run to Largs), Big Alan (peters mate & friend of Ian Mcgintys) & myself. I would like to think it was my charm & charisma which attracted the numbers, but in reality it's probably to do with the good weather! :grin:

Along the way out we came across a few Joansins, hope you all had a good one too!

We made good progress & managed to stick to the original planned route with much help from Campbell & Bill initially & then Alan who luckily was quite familiar with the Killearn & Fintry area.

The views across the valley & up the Campsie were nothing short of magnificent with sunny clear sky. It put a wee smile in my face, but of course then I remember I had to climb over it, damn! I find climbing this side of the Crow road always more challenging, not sure if the rest would agree. But doing under great weather alway help.

A re-group at the top was followed by a fast but smooth decent down to Lennoxtown for a timely cafe stop. Everyone seems to be on a diet with just small bits of cake & scone, where I tuck into a 2 course lunch & tea. I could have gone with a piece of cake but time was pushing on a bit, so no cake for me......boo!

The return through Strathblane, Mugdock & Milngavie is always busy on the road & today was even more so. We got to the Hardgate roundabout where Mary & myself turned towards Glasgow leaving the rest to head back over the bridge. A bit of confusion at this point so I hope you guys got back together & made it home safely.

85 miles & 4500 ft of climbing in case anyone's interested.

All in an excellent day, thanks to everyone that turned up & cheers for the wheels to follow!

P.S if the weather is decent next Sunday, then I'll post a run so I hope there won't be an issue with that.

However if it's p'sh, then I might just tag along with the others.

Cheers

Chung

Hi Chung

Great route today, thanks for organising and thanks to everyone else for their company.

The craic along the way was good and doing the Crow Road in such benign conditions was almost a pleasure…almost! As was seeing Bill’s bluenose turn red!

There is a simple reason why some of us stick to coffee and a scone… 20kg difference between your skinny frame and us big boys...or 40g difference in the case of young Mark!

Bill, Campbell and I choose the Hardgate overpass rather than Kilbowie roundabout. Our lead evaporated however when I punctured in Erskine!

Cheers

Big Al

• Life Members

Sorry Brian, we got to the bridge 9.30ish & waited about 5-8 minutes. We must have missed each other, we were at the north side next to the football field.

I hope you had a good one, was looking forward to catch up with you.

Maybe next week then!

Regards

Chung