Coast to Coast In A Day - 29th Jun 2013

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why don't we do this as a club on a date of our choice and avoid what look like messy logistics and the entry fee ! We also need to set a date for the Fred route. Let's get some dates down and stick to them - can't accommodate everyone. What about one big route a month May - Sept. Weekend of 11/12 May for the C2C ? Put the Mallorca fitness to some use, Sign up now !

Al,

Definitely up for C2C as a club run.

However, propose keeping the date to a weekend in June (obviously not official date of 29/30!) as I'm planning on doing Drumlanrig on 4/5 and the official Fred date is 12/5 (also considering this if not enough interest as a club run.)

I'm also waiting on confirmation (probably Dec.) that the Bealach Beag is on 25/5 next year (determined to complete the road climb that I missed this year due to weather!) May is shaping up to be busy already!

Cheers

Alan

Yeah I suppose Drumlanrig is traditional now. Last year I did Drumlanrig, Fred and Etape Caledonia on consecutive weekends - there's a wee challenge for you Alan ( under 4 hrs for the Etape too as Billy will confirm !). As I'm sure you know Fred numbers are restricted so a start is not guaranteed. If we don't set a date for the club then I could be persuaded to try to get back to the Fred - not riding 39/25 easiest gear though.

June 1/2 for c2c then? If we set a date that suits us then they will come ! I see already have the date nazis out - 10miles prob enough for you George !

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I suppose Drumlanrig is traditional now. Last year I did Drumlanrig, Fred and Etape Caledonia on consecutive weekends - there's a wee challenge for you Alan ( under 4 hrs for the Etape too as Billy will confirm !).

Al,

Planning on Drumlanrig and then the Etape on 4th and 12th May respectively. Have to give Fred a miss as it's the same day as the Etape, although the Fred may yet be a club run...

Also planning on doing the Bealach Beag on 25th May to hopefully complete the climb that the weather cheated me out of this year...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...