New Bunch on the way

KennyS

The committee has decided to upgrade The Bunch over the next couple of weeks.

Rather than set up a completely new forum, we will have a messageboard which will retain the user accounts and threads of the existing forum.. There will be a few hours of downtime before the final migration but this will be kept to a minimum.

Could I ask that you clear out the Private Messages that you no longer need. it's fairly straightforward to do so and will mean that we only take the stuff we need with us

Thanks, Kenny

I was asking because I think it might be a good idea to introduce nested subforums in one or two areas.

How about splitting the Club Runs forum into three:

Weekend Club Runs

Midweek Training Runs

Other

...the last category would be for all those "I'm on back-shift, got a few hours spare, anyone up for a run" type posts.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because of the very high churn rate in the Club Runs forum.

• 2023 Subscriptions
PS I have just cleared out my 500 private messages.

Are these archived anywhere? It would make a great sociology PhD subject in 2040.

Alan

I've just deleted 9 pages of PMs as well. Some right strange messages in there!

Apart from buying and selling things, and of course Flanders, the vast majority of messages somehow related to trying to convince or being convinced to go out for a long run on truly miserable winter days! :grin: 99% of the time I/we were convinced!! :shock:

:grin:

• 1 month later...