chung

colour  

14 members have voted

1. 1. colour

• Mainly yellow with blue
    • Mainly blue with yellow

• Life Members

Hi All,

Left it a bit late for this post, but was originally thinking of Arran after speaking with Bill last Sunday. But I have been checking the weather for the past week and it doesn't look good this Sunday hence giving it a miss, maybe later then.

Anyway, was thinking of doing this run again since I missed it the last time I posted it:

Clubroom - Bridge - Helesborough - Kilcreggan - Colport Road - back down - (up Glen Fruin- optional) - Balloch - Bridge - Home

Possible cafe stop either at Kilcreggan or Balloch, estimate to be 70ish miles I think from clubroom, maybe more?

Everybody & anybody welcome! Please post if you are interested in coming along.

P.S Matt, this will be good training for your Triathlon training!

Weather forecast is mixed at the moment ......... but what's new considering what it's been like recently.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sounds good, Chung. Unfortunately family duties mean I have to be back in Paisley before 13:00. I may do what I did last week and come out maybe to Dumbarton or Helensburgh and turn round. Should be at the club rooms for 9:15 anyway.

Boyd

Guys,

I am pretty much in the same position as Boyd as I have my eldest daughter this weekend and need to take her home at about 3pm so might be a bit stretched to fit the whole run in. Am happy to come along but will have to turn round at about 1130. I am happy to get going half an hour earlier if it means getting the full ride in but will go with the flow. Happy to discuss (0778 8269673).

See you in morning whatever the distance and route!!

Matt

• Life Members

Thanks for the offer Charlie, keeping it 9.15am is better as it's less confusioning for everyone.

You guys have a good one over the Crow, stay safe on the road and hope weather keeps dry!

Cheers

Hello Folks,

Hoping to be out for this tomo, bit like Boyd and Matt I am short of time for the full route but if we are heading along the A814 I may branch off at Faslane and either head over the Hall Road or Glen Fruin if that suits anyone else short of time ?

What time would you guys be hitting the bridge in the morning, I may just meet you there.

Jody

Ps I have a night out tonight Hello, beer !! so if I'm Not there don't wait for me.

Good run today.

Myself, Chung, Campbell, Mary, Boyd and Bill left the clubrooms and headed for Helensburgh.

Boyd left us outside Cardross for family commitments and likewise for me at Helensburgh and the others

headed on into what looked like distant rain.

After a loo break at Helensburgh cop shop I headed for Sinclair St, spying what looked like a Wheelers jersey passing the junction ahead of me.

Managed to catch up with Jody who we thought we might've met up with at the bridge.....Jody can explain...so at least we had company for the way home.

I hadn't turned a pedal since June 10th so the legs felt it today. More or less a headwind from the Georgetown Road back to Glengarnock didn't help :smash

75 miles on the clock. Great to be back out and the bird using me for target practice (must be the bright colours) didn't ruin my day. Good luck isn't it?

Now have a 3yr old birthday party this afternoon Oh ya dancer !

See you soon

• Life Members

Like Richie said, we did indeed head towards the dark clouds & got a good soaking on the way to Kilcreggan.

So a quick decision was made to hop on the Kilcreggan to Gourock "Ferry" which was just coming in as the weather didn't look all that favorable towards the Colport direction.

It was the first time I've ever been on this mystery ferry, the reason I say that it's because I've always been told the service do exist but never actually seen one myself before today. I thought it was just a myth made up by Bill T & Campbell etc. (Mind you , the fact that it only has 3 sailing on a Sunday accounts for its rare sightings)

Anyway, we board what can only be describe as a "wee vintage boat" but with charming crew (2) we crossed the choppy sea and back on dry land at Gourock. It was actually quite a nice experience.

After a nice lunch stop at the Continental cafe in Gourock, we went back up the road to Johnstone via the Clune where Andy (new returnee from last year - friend of Mcginty's - who joined us at the bridge) bid us farewell & heading home to Langbank.

Thanks for the company & the ferry ride which turned a quite wet run into a very enjoyable day of cycling indeed.

I'll be off on holiday for the next 2 weeks, so won't be out. See you all when I come back!

Cheers

• Life Members

Richie,

I'm well impressed, that means "have a good & safe journey" but literal translation is "tail wind all the way" (very appropriate for use cyclist) incase you just googled it. ;-)

Thanks very much!

Take care mate & I'll see you when I come back. Hello, beer !!

Hello everyone,

as Richie said there was a story for my absence. I was waiting on the North side of the bridge till just after 10, when no one appeared i thought I would head on to the A82 incase everyone was waiting there. I waited there till about 25 past 10 and then just headed on solo.

The plan was to head for the North gate of Faslane and come back the Hall Road or Glen Fruin due to time constraints. Between the headwind and hangover :roll: I was struggling this morning so when i got to Sinclair Street soaked through I decided to head up the hill and head back through Balloch and home.

I was joined on Sinclair Street by Mr Cross and we had a decent run back over the road Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !! . Only 47 miles for me today but with winds on the open road from Dumbarton to Helensburgh it felt like double that.

Anyhow, glad everyone had a nice run today and from now on if I am meeting at the bridge I will make sure I know exactly where to go Stoooopid!

Jody