Pentland's solstice triathlon-19/6/12

Alan McLean

• Committee

Hi all

The DS suggested the Solstice triathlon as our next pre-Tour warm up so the trisuits were in action again last night with Duncan and I as the JWCC meat puppets.

The mid-week event (yes, I know they were two days early) was held in a beautiful setting by Threipmuir Reservoir above Balerno.

A chilly 750m swim ensured that my hands were too cold to tap the tiny SRAM levers on my cross bike so I spent the 15k off-road bike route in 36/12 which has built up my thighs no end.

Then a 5k run in the dusk as the sun set in the NW and we were enveloped in midges.

Duncan punctured on the only 800m of tarmac of the bike route. He then ripped off the valve on the spare. Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

In a grim attempt to avoid a DNF he ran for two miles until he could blag a patch off a mountain biker, fixed the inner, and still finished well before the last finishers. Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

3rd place/1st vet for me. Hello, beer !! No podium girls.

The Embra folk are spolit with the Pentlands on their doosrtep. Lots of lovely swoopy singletrack, farm roads and paths crisscross the hills.

Stay tuned for more tri reports.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions
Hi all

The DS suggested the Solstice triathlon as our next pre-Tour warm up so the trisuits were in action again last night with Duncan and I as the JWCC meat puppets.

The mid-week event (yes, I know they were two days early) was held in a beautiful setting by Threipmuir Reservoir above Balerno.

A chilly 750m swim ensured that my hands were too cold to tap the tiny SRAM levers on my cross bike so I spent the 15k off-road bike route in 36/12 which has built up my thighs no end.

Then a 5k run in the dusk as the sun set in the NW and we were enveloped in midges.

Duncan punctured on the only 800m of tarmac of the bike route. He then ripped off the valve on the spare. Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

In a grim attempt to avoid a DNF he ran for two miles until he could blag a patch off a mountain biker, fixed the inner, and still finished well before the last finishers. Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

3rd place/1st vet for me. Hello, beer !! No podium girls.

The Embra folk are spolit with the Pentlands on their doosrtep. Lots of lovely swoopy singletrack, farm roads and paths crisscross the hills.

Stay tuned for more tri reports.

Alan

Keep the reports coming! Drama, tension and midges. :lol:

Impressive performances from you and Duncan. Well done.

One note! Embra peepul may be spoilt with having the pentlands on their doorstep, but don't forget this is offset by having to live cheek by jowl with lots of other Edinburgers. :icon_mooning