Saturday 28th April

DavieB

Can't make Sunday so proposing a long (100ish miles), hilly run at a steady, but not dawdling pace - I know, I know the pace bit is all subjective but you get the drift.

Route is open to suggestion - as long as there is hills - but as the lesser spotted Monotague is hinting at an outing it looks like yet another trip to the dark side looks like it is on the cards, cafe stop is OK by me.

Richard - I'm deferring to you as the route meister, left to my own devices it would be the "Hell of Ayrshire III - Where Carbon Rims fear to Roll" but this tends to split opinion.

D

• Members

Davie, you Luddite, I sent you a text yesterday but received no reply. Bad Davie!

North-side would work well. That way you get your big miles, but I get that wee bit less (I'm in some state. Rode out to Glengarnock this morning and limped back at 16mph.) Shall we do a Loch Katrine loop? The road round the reservoir is lumpy as anything, we can climb up to Stronachlachar through Kinlochard, and back over the Dukes. Plenty of climbs en route, too.

Greg's said that he's coming as well. That's three already. Anyone else? :-)

• Members
What are the timings?

Greg

Happy to leave whenever. I'll probably meet you in Milngavie. Head for there via Hardgate. Depending on what way we go, it's about 80-90 miles bridge to bridge. If that's too far, we could go round Loch Venachar instead.

Never done that route but happy to follow on, if its a nice day could a run to luss be on the cards?

Greg

Not unless you want to swim across Loch Lomond! ;-) There's a ferry you can take from Inversnaid to Tarbet. That allows you to merge this run with a Luss coffee stop, but it only operates during the summer. Pencil it in for later in the year, Greg.

PS This plan goes out the window if it's lashing down on Saturday. :grin: