Mallorca bike hire

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Anyone got any recommendations for bike hire in Mallorca? Might be going for our summer hols, and thinking it would be a whole lot easier to rent bikes than take 3 with us.

Any suggestions or tips?

Martin,

There are lots of hire shops in Majorca and I guess it will depend on your location however I hired from a place in Playa de Palma last year and (if that's convenient - would be for Magalluf) I would recommend it - give me a shout if you need more details.

8-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Martin,

I have used these guys before. Apart from having to use fishing gears for a week (sold out of proper geared bikes), they were great. I have a feeling they used to deliver to your appartment/hotel anywhere on the island, but they are based in Puetro Pollensa.

http://www.procyclehire.com/

Run by a British guy.

Cheers,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan,

Who are you flying with? I now always take my bike with me, which has never been more than £40. And given that a decent bike hire for a week can be £100+, then apart from a bit of hassle, it really pays to take your own. Also, there is the faffing around setting up a hire bike.

Anyway, that is my tuppence-worth. Have fun.

Cheers,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions
Alan,

Who are you flying with? I now always take my bike with me, which has never been more than £40. And given that a decent bike hire for a week can be £100+, then apart from a bit of hassle, it really pays to take your own. Also, there is the faffing around setting up a hire bike.

Anyway, that is my tuppence-worth. Have fun.

Cheers,

R

Oh no, don't say there's going to be argy-bargy on this thread as well?! How much will McLean have ot dirnk? Hello, beer !!:grin:

It's true, hire bikes are expensive and I've always preferred to take my own up to now. However, now having 2 youths who want to spend their holiday acquiring cycling tans and hurtling down hills makes byob a logistical challenge if you're flying. Family of 5 + 3 bike bags = awkward tranport to the airport + the expense of hiring a bigger vehicle at the other end to transport you and bikes to your digs. It all adds up in effort, time and money.

And besides, those nice pro people you recommended ask for your measurement so they can set up the bike for you in advance, and deliver it to your door.