Sportive 2012

Guest EPCC

Hi

With the Italian trip coming in 2012 and my dismal failure for a sub 4 hour ride in the etape I was thinking on doing the following for last minute prep

Drumlanrig 104 miles with hills

Fred Whitton loads of hills

Anybody else Oz Al if you ate doing Drumlanrig you want me to put in your entry and pay ?

Both of these rides will be in April May time and both are usually full so will need watched as to when open

I was thinking of doing Drumnalrigg after hearing your tales of last year, Billy. Not that I'm

going to Italy, just for the hell of it.

The Fred Whitton is more of a mountaneering expedition than anything else though, I would

have to source a sram red triple chainset. :twisted leer

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi All

I may be up for a few early season sportives. I had intended doing the Fred again, but I think it might be too close to the Italian trip. If memory serves, it is the weekend before - Sunday 13th May. Perhaps we could head down for the day and do the run as a Main Bunch ride8-)

Darryl

• 2024 Subscriptions
Hi All

I may be up for a few early season sportives. I had intended doing the Fred again, but I think it might be too close to the Italian trip. If memory serves, it is the weekend before - Sunday 13th May. Perhaps we could head down for the day and do the run as a Main Bunch ride8-)

Darryl

ie. do the route on another weekend, earlier in the year, or even the weekend before the actual event. Probably best to decide based on weather forecasts.

Darryl's idea of heading down to do the Fred route as a club outing sounds good. Last year we rode round on our own for much of the route - possibly due to the red wine the night before and our reluctance to get out the tent in the morning and into the torrential rain - so it would be good to do it with a bunch. Fabulous scenery and a never to be forgotten feeling as you ride towards Hardknot and realize it's not a dry stane dyke going over the pass - it's the so-called road. You'll love it Billy !

• 2023 Subscriptions

i am v keen to give the fred a go, doing it as a club event would be great, the few sportives i have done on my own get a bit lonley when your legs are tierd.I am not getting many miles in at the moment but i will work hard to be fit enough to take my turn at the front.

iain