Astroturf

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Had a meeting at Linwood sports centre yesterday to discuss using astroturf.

I knocked ball about and rode bike on pitch to show them what was involved.

It looks likely we will get the chance to have a trial session to allow both parties to gauge if its suitable.

They suggested Saturday after 4:30pm

and all day Sunday as best chance of booking park. Midweek it is fully booked by football teams.

Cost is very expensive :- £65 for 1.5 hours , we would be only book for 1 hour .

Which still means about £40 ( this price is standard charge - I am looking into a reduction)

Plan would be to play 5 a side ( playing with a goalkeeper- something which is on agenda of rules comm. for governing body) Goalkeeper would rotate on a time basis with everyone taking a shot in goals.

Can I have feedback on whom is interested. Obviously its a hardd surface so we would have to strictly ensure no contact and no crossing line of play.

It would allow us to play regularly in all weather conditions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the times that we would be allocated suit me fine.

I can only play fortnightly as you know kenny and i'm sure my slender purse could stand £4.

cheers

paul

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Kenny,

I'll give it a try if we can get enough bodies to play.

Pat

icon_rolling_smile:smash

NOt really too bothered about the times, though I am hoping to make some of the Sunday runs this winter so have opted for the Saturday option.

I am "free" every second weekend and have the kids every other so if there is somewhere for them to watch I can be there most weeks.

cheers

Alan,

You forgot to add the proviso that there better not be any foxes running about.

Hope your daughter has recovered from my unintentional horror stories about foxes :oops::oops:

Good order was restored by Paul McSk 8-)8-)

I could do Saturday's starting @ 4:30, but no later. Sunday morning would probably be the best bet otherwise.

JP