JWCC Presentation Dance, 15th January 2005

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Only 112 days to go to the social event of the year!

What you said about last year:

"another Great Wee Night of presentation of prizes and chat and mixing with everybody else"

"Already looking forward to next year"

"a magic night with great company and a good laugh."

"Aghhh, my head is still sore :smash "

After the overwhelming success of last year's do at the clubrooms, it's time to go one bigger and one better this year in honour of some incredible champions who have made this a wonderful year for the JWCC.

Paralympic Gold & Silver, World Masters Champions and records to boot, an RTTC 24 hour TT vets champion team plus all the other tremendous performances on the road, TT and track deserve a cracking night out. With all this to celebrate the clubrooms would be bursting at the seams, so we're going out to play!

Put Saturday 15th January 2005 in your diary now!

We'd like to find out what kind of an evening, or weekend, you and your wife / husband / bidie-in would like to have:

1. A night out at a local venue for dinner, drinking, dancing and prizegiving, with taxis in the wee small hours;

2. Make a weekend of it, staying over at a local-ish hotel, (eg Gantock in Gourock). This would have a Saturday / Sunday run built in to work up a thirst / work off the beer and leisure facilities for those who'd prefer a quieter start to their Sunday. This location would still allow those who don't want or can't stay over to make their way home after the do.

3. As 2, but further away, 'up country', such as Arrochar. More options for a run, but less convenient if you need to get home at 1:00 on a Sunday morning.

Likely cost for B&B would be around £30, plus the cost of the do (which last year was £7 / £5 OAP's).

Please cast your vote, chip in your tuppence worth with a reply, and please tell others who may not have access to "The bunch". Remember to say how many tickets you'd like. Once we've worked out likely demand we'll move to make firm bookings and start to take deposits.

save up now, see you at the bar...

Martin

(alleged social convener)

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Martin

as you know, I'm always keen to go out drinking, especially if it's in a good cause ;-) . So I'm keen to attend. However, even though the stayover plan sounds great, it would be quite tricky for me personally ( and others probably)because of the kids and will probably work out quite expensive for a family. I wonder if it might not put some people off who would otherwise want to come. :-(

Any chance of finding somewhere that really is local? 8-) Those that wish to ride their bikes can always go out for a run beforehand, and the next day if they are fit :lol:

anyone else have a view on this?

Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

Darryl

I thought last year was just grand...

cheap filling food......cheerful... local...no problems parking your bike.. suited me

How about similar or same as the cost doesn't exclude any of us and the organisation is familiar?

the only faults with last year were drinking Martin's cheap whisky and not bringing enough wine.

I'm a bit tied up this week with family bits and bobs this weekend

so how about discussing a weekend stayover ride scenario when we are in Arran.

The Gantock is just too much Sunday lunch with Mum and Dad / family weddings to me.....

See you all in Arran

Problem - tied up with family

Solution - ply the grandparents with enough sherry over christmas and they will babysit

Problem - skint that time of year

Solution - start saving now or get another credit card

Problem - too far in a taxi

Solution -I got a taxi from Largs to Bish at 1:00am for £25 by pre booking with local firm - thats only £6.25 each if you put 4 in a cab, it costs me more to get back from the club rooms

I'm up for making a weekend of it and would take 2 tickets, but for those less able to travel it might be best to stay localish, though Oban is nice that time of year