Monuments

• 2023 Subscriptions

I realise that training for the Tour of Flanders is still just starting (well, for me anyway). But on the assumption that I enjoy Flanders, I'm now thinking that over the next four years it would be great to do all the Monuments (Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Paris Roubaix, Milan San-Remo, Tour of Lombardy and of course Flanders).

Milan and Lombardy could be a bit logistically tricky, but if there is a will, there is a way.

Will think about it more after April.

R

Aye sounds like a plan....I would watch the window of opportunity to do an authentic Paris Roubaix i.e. the day before the pros as traditionally it has been run in the summer for safety reasons.

I think for the next 2 years at least it will be run at the correct time but it may change after this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Committee

Nice thread for winter musing Ramsay.

MSR seems to only have a shorter, circular, amateur route around SR which takes in the classic climbs but goes nowhere near Milan.

Does anyone know if there is an organised ride from M to SR? Otherwise this will be tricky unless we hire a van to take kit and are prepared to ride 300k to the coast amongst Italian traffic.

A

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Billy. Looks fine, but MSR is in mid March so you wouldn't see the pros.

(I know because I'm always trying to persuade Pauline to go there for our wedding anniversary. Hasn't worked yet :madashell ).

I see you leave Milan at 7.am, and they lay on a bus for you to go back, leaving SR at 8.00pm. Only need to average 22kph! Time to stop for lunch on the way.