Paralympics

Neil Macdougall

• Members

Brilliant ,well Done ,Superb, unbelievable :- words cannot descibe how great an achievement this is for you. Watched the race and post race interview on news 24 . You are a real star Aileen and a credit to the club, all club members are walking about with grins as wide as your tandem at present.

ps we have postponed 2 up champs. till you are home , so you can re acclimatise back into Scottish cycling in traditional scottish weather.

• Members

Thanks everyone,

It has been really hectic since we won the gold, everyone wanting to interview you. I didn't even get a chance to get up to see my family before we were whizzed off to the BBC studios to do the live interview on Grandstand. My mum did manage to persuade the officials to let her see me and give me a hug while I was waiting at the dope control.

After the BBC interview, we then did a radio interview and then a piece for the news. It was amazing but not exactly the best recovery after doing a 1km. The number of people who congratulated us is fantastic and I have even been asked for my autograph 8-)

We qualified for the sprint tomorrow, coming third after the Australians and Americans. We are up against the Americans first thing tomorrow morning but we thing they will go for a long one, so we will need to wait and see how it goes. ;-)

• Members

Female 30 – 34 Years

Pursuit

Qualifying Round

2000m – 8 laps

Result

1st 2 Katrina Hair GBR 2.29.923 New World Masters Best Time

2nd 4 Isabelle N Van Tu FRA 2.34.944

3rd 6 Carine Van Schie NED 2.39.747

4th 8 Annerine Wenhold RSA 2.41.066

5th 5 Nicky Peters GBR 2.44.954

6th 10 Cindy McFarland USA 2.46.149

7th 3 Tomoko Nakayama JPN 2.48.628

8th 1 Karen Glynn GBR 2.53.826

they didnt even get close!!!!! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Female 30 -34 Years

Pursuit

Finals

2000m – 8 laps

Result

Final A

3rd & 4th Place

3RD 8 Annerine Wenhold RSA 2.39.018

4TH 6 Carine Van Schie NED 2.39.678

Final B

1st & 2nd Place

1st 2 Katrina Hair GBR 2.29.828 New World Masters Best Time

2nd 4 Isabelle N Van Tu FRA 2.37.246

• Members

Well done to Aileen. Olympic gold, cool as 8-) ! Definitely been a good weekend for the wheelers.

I would have posted my result myself yesterday but spent the day sleeping! 10 hours between heats and getting to bed at 4am certainly takes its toll...... No alcohol involved, honest!

Winning the gold is a good feeling, especially when your mother is bouncing off the walls....... and all because George wanted a rainbow jersey!?!?!?!