Plean CX: round 2

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

OK, so who's up for this one. Plean isn't very far away, good circuit with a mix of single track, forest road and grassland.

Details here http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/29419/Plean-Cross--Scottish-Series-Round-2

Too late for entry central, but eol still open.

This event also has and under 12's race, so bring the youngsters along: 10:00am start for them.

M

Hi, I have also entered the vets race. Hamish will be there too in the under 12s. I want to join British Cycling for the benefits such as insurance on the road, so may as well buy a race license, but which one do I go for, Race Gold or Race Silver Membership with a Full Racing Licence? Suggestions please.

Thanks,

James

I have just purchased a bronze license as that is all that is required for the Plean race. The message from British Cycling says "We wish you a successful year of cycling!" so I guess my license will last a year. If you want to but one for the first time use the code SKYRIDE2 and you will get a 50% reduction.

Hope that helps,

James

• 2023 Subscriptions

Membership lasts for 12 months from date of renewal, race licence is annual ie up to 31st December... although you can get discretion if you buy the license late in the year.

One side shows membership with exp date, the reverse shows license with it's (possibly different) expiry.

clear? :shock:

• 2023 Subscriptions

James

Just to further muddy the waters I think you should be able to apply for FREE bronze membership if you have not been a member within the last two years.

I would have thought if you give them a call they may reimburse your payment, may!

Duncan

If you are a new member to British Cycling and you are a member of an affiliated club (Johnstone wheelers is an affiliated club) then you are entitled to a free bronze membership for the first year. If you would like to apply for a free year membership you can either do this online quoting promo code club4 or you can take out membership over the phone 0161 274 2010.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Toni-lee Fenna

Membership Services Administrator

British Cycling

Stuart Street

Manchester

M11 4DQ

T: 0161 274 2010

F: 0161 274 2001

E: [email protected]

W: http://new.britishcycling.org.uk

• 2023 Subscriptions

http://www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=33&topic=6729.0

link to the kids results, some good performances from the Jets :rockband

as to the vets, well I kept in front of MulH for a few laps Oh ya dancer !

ok, so he got caught uo in a crash on the start line and had to change bikes, yes and do some spannering

but all the same, I was in front

sadly I faded rapidly, never mind, enjoying this cross lark

well organised event, lots of marshalls and one over excited dog walker screaming her head off at all and sundry, priceless :grin:

duncan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done to all the JW who raced on Saturday, but major congratulations to Hamish Mcl who took 2nd place in his first open cx. All the better for starting from the last row of the grid! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

The rest of the day was a mixture of thrills and spills, some of it best glossed over... :oops: including my start line pile up....

Won't be at Strathclyde Park myself, but best of luck to all for round 3 of the series.

Mul