Meadowmill CX tomorrow

martin

An inauspicious start for me today. Involved in a pile up at the first corner, I was minding my own but it was a tight corner and there were alot of bodies. No harm done. Lost alot of ground which I was never going to make up, then my saddle decided to detach itself from my seatpost. Some kind chap at the sidelines lent me an allen key and I was able to rejoin albeit losing out on a fair few more places. I also managed to skin both my legs in a not so gracious remount. So all in not the best. I did get round though.

My first time on a CX bike today, so alot to learn, I certainly don't have the same confidence in it as I have in my MTB. I did enjoy it though.

How did the other JWCC contingent fair?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Kenny,

Sounds like you had an eventful race - but I missed all the action. Can you do it again next week? :-P

Three other JW made the journey. Steady performances all round, I think. Never saw Duncan T after the start line as he made (I think) his cross debut too. My 'race to fitness' autumn plan started today. Really appreciated the fact that the vets had their own race this year, or more to the point it was only 40 minutes plus a lap. Oh ya dancer !

However I betrayed one of my basic cx principles and crossed the line a mere 5 metres in front of the winner, thus consigning myself to a another solo lap. Sure it'll do me good though.

Lewis was the sole Jet in the race. Finished outside the top 10, but stuck in well (even if I do say so myself, forgive the parental view) after his 15 hour day trip to Mancs yesterday for madison training.

I need more training too - hope to get out for some more Muirshiel park workouts and technical skills work soon-ish. I'll post when I can get organised - be good to get a grupetto up the mine track.

PS Kenny, saw you about 15 mins into your race. Thought your saddle looked low - maybe that was it beginning to work loose. Glad it never came off in a flying remount. :shock:

Mul

• 2023 Subscriptions

Martin

yes popped my cross cherry Oh ya dancer !

never has 40 minutes seemed so long. enjoyed the course although not too sure how to hurdle and remount in one flowing movement.

more like jump off at snails pace, heave bike over plank and then follow after with ungainly flying leg trying to get over saddle which seemed way too high when trying to get back aboard

The fast boys, and girls were a different pace altogether.

Gave Kenny a couple of shouts, not sure if he knew where they were coming from though

But major achievement: Mulholland did not lap me :icon_mooning

Duncan

Yes well done all it looked like a good, fast open course looking at some of the photos posted elsewhere.

Couldn't make it myself on Sunday but will definately be through next weekend.

I like the sound of some organised cross training as well!

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions
Couple of good photos on the link on Braveheart. The one of Mul leaping over the obsticle is great. Looks like a pro! :grin:

Well, two feet off the ground at the same time isn't bad :lol:

Should have the head up, looking forward though.... :-x