Dev squad away day Saturday 5th. December

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Planned away day in Argyleshire.

Planning on meeting at Gourock ( Westen Ferry ) to catch 9:45am boat

Loch Eck , Strachur ( triangle) Loch Eck , Ardentinny ,Dunnoon.

Steady run open invite. Dev squad riders wishing a run down to ferry ( you only get a lift back if I am in a good mood ;-) ) email me to arrange a pick up.

Kenny MacD

• Members

I'd like to tag along, please. But I'll only be out if the weather's OK. Glasgow to Gourock is a long way to go for a soaking, so I'll take my chances with the Sunday bunch if the sky looks ominous.

The forecast is good, though, and the oportunity to ride on new roads without any navigational responsibility is as close as I'm going to get to excitement this weekend. :grin: Chances are I'll be there.

• Members

It was a wet wet wet day oot today :grin:

James,Jonny,Greg from Dev squad were joined by Iain C , Charlie , Richard , yours truly and club sponsor Willie Cosh for our away day Oh ya dancer !

Weather was looking promising as we boarded ferry and a few un named riders gave favourable forecasts :roll:

Halfway down Loch Eck and the rain got heavier, turning onto the Whistlefield climb and it got heavier :cry:

Willie who is just recovering from an illness opted to miss out the climb and retrace back to Dunnoon. On the climb James set the early pace followed by Richard with Greg and Jonny closely monitoring the moves. On the steeper slopes James pulled a foot and Greg put in an attack Oh ya dancer !

By the time James got back in the saddle everyone had pased him by :oops:

Greg now sensing a mountain summit finish set off at pace followed by Richard and Jonny. Meantime James set off eventually to chase down the bunch . He quickly picked off myself and Charlie who were admiring the views across Loch Eck before chasing down the bunch. Greg managed to hold hin off and secure the first climb of the day. The descent on the steep side is always tricky and even more so as we had a few first timers :shock:

The pace quickened as we sped along the coastline wheeling our way back toward Dunnoon.

Through Sandbank and James atttacked at the foot of the climb over to Dunnoon :rockets trying to make ammends for his earlier mishap. Greg and Jonny reacted quickly to try and close the gap :-x

Three quarters up and they started to fade allowing Mac2 the chance to jump across to James at the summit ;-)

By now it was a very wet group who dropped into Dunnoon and headed westward to Castle Toward. Just leaving Dunnoon Charlie punctured and the rest were despatched onward as I stayed to assist in the repairs. The curse of the extra tight Gatorskin when hands are cold and wet was inflicted on poor Charlie as he struggled to change the offending tube :smash

Puncture sorted we headed back to the ferry as Charlie had a wedding to attend in the afternoon. He headed back across the Clyde and I awaited the rest of the group which appeared shortly with James and Iain leading the gallop for the ferry. The heating was on and a wet but happy group chilled out on the return journey. Iain and Richard opted to ride back up the road and we joined Willie in the minibus for a drier run back up the road to Johnstone.

45 wet miles under our wheels in Argyleshire

Riders of the day

Iain C another impressive ride by the elder statesman Oh ya dancer !

Richard cruised thru the run twiddling his way round Oh ya dancer !

Biggest smile of the day :- Greg the hill climber Oh ya dancer ! closely followed by Charlie who loved the whole experience

The ever present Jonny chasing every move Oh ya dancer !

Comeback rider Willie Cosh who cruised effortlessly along Loch Eck reminding me of his early days as a tester of note in the club events Oh ya dancer !

James venting his anger at his non existent shoe plate before remounting and chasing Greg up the Whistlefield :lol:

No Dev squad run next week , although watch this space for a pre AGM outing ;-)