Erskine Youth Circuit Race - 28th June 2009

KennyS

The Scottish Circuit Race Championships are coming to Erskine Harbour on Sunday 28th June 2009.

As part of the support events Johnstone Jets Youth Cycling, in conjunction with Scottish Cycling, Dooleys RT and Renfrewshire Council are giving you the opportunity to come along and race on the closed-road Championship Circuit.

Registration at 9:30am. First Race at 10:30am

The races will be open to club riders and newcomers alike and will incorporate an inter-schools competition for Renfrewshire school children

Races will be run in different age categories and all you need to take part is your bike in safe working order and your helmet

Entry cost will be £1.50 for British Cycling Members and £3.00 for non British Cycling Members

Entry on the day and signing on from 9:30am at Erskine Harbour, Kilpatrick Drive, Erskine

Race Start BC members / Non members

U8 (Youth E, Any bike) 10:30am £1.50 / £3.00

U10 (Youth D, Any bike) 10:50pm £1.50 / £3.00

U12 (Youth C, Any bike) 11:10am £1.50 / £3.00

U14 (Youth B, Any bike) 11:30am £1.50 / £3.00

The Real Radio Roadshow will also be in attendance along with a stunt riding display, roller racing with the big JWCC clock.

Further info [email protected]

All welcome!

KennyS

Can you help ????

Are you able to help with marshalling on this event? We're hoping to have riders from all over Scotland for this event as well as a high turn out from the local schools.

Probably the highest profile cycling event in Renfrewshire this year

Please contact either George Hamilton or myself if you can help or just post below.

You would be needed between 10:00 and 12:00 on the Saturday

Thanks in advance

KennyS

• Members

Are you going to ride twice Jonathan :-?

see below

Taken from SC website

Entries are now open and additional information can be found on www.entrycentral.com

YOUTH 12:30 start - 35mins plus 5 laps £5 entry;

JUNIOR MEN 1:30 start - 40mins plus 5 laps £10 entry;

WOMEN(all) 2:30 start - 40mins plus 5 laps £15 entry (jun £10, youth £5);

MEN E123 3:30 start - 50mins plus 5 laps £15 entry;

MEN SUPPORT4/V4 4:30 start - 30mins plus 5 laps £10 entry.

Jonathan,

At present we have no intention of running an U16 race as we have assumed that any of the U16's, and U14's for that matter, who are serious about their racing will be entered for the Championship event as Kenny Mac has highlighted.

The Jets are only organising the non-Championship events in the morning.

A reminder to all those who want to ride the Championship Events is that the closing date for entry, in order to qualify for the Championship, is Sunday 14th June i.e. this Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi folks

Looking to finalise names for marshalling this event. You would be required for a marshalls briefing at 09:45 with racing between 10:30 and 12:30. So far we have

Cambell Crombie

Lucy Crombie

Kenny MacDonald (maybe)

Tony Carrigan

Iain MacAulay

Shaping up to be a good morning's racing with numbers now through for the afternoon races as well. Seemingly there's a guy called Danny MacAskill coming along in the afternoon as well pulling wheelies and stuff

Would appreciate if volunteers could let me know as soon as possible as we're finalising the numbers for the 'Access All Areas' Security Passes :lol:

Folks,

Thanks to those who have offered their services on Sunday. The sign-on / Event HQ will be on the start / finish straight on Kilpatrick Drive. Planning to have a Marshalls Briefing at 09:45 for the Jets Racing.

For all the others, why not bringb the family down for a day out. Good racing, Real Radio Raoadshow and the amazing Danny MacAskill with his stunt team The Clan

It's all happening at Erskine this weekend

Cheers, KennyS

On behalf of George, Kat, myself and all of the Jets and yesterday's riders can I say a huge thank you to all the members who turned up to help at Erskine yesterday.

The Jets are getting the plaudits but quite simply we could not organise the Bellahoustons and the Erskines without the core support of the members of the parent club.

Thanks in particular to Mike, Tony, Campbell, Lucy, Janice and Sarah as well as the aging MC Kenny Mac. If I've missed you out then I must apologise.

Further thanks to Grame Herd for organising the whole event as well as the fantastic, and it most certainly was significant, support of Marie Davidson of Renfrewshire Council

The racing was great. Full results and pics will be on the Jets site this evening

Thanks again for all your help

C'mon the Joansin Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2 weeks later...