Some photots from millport

gregbalden

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not sure of all the placings as I left to ride home, but what I do know is that it was a superb afternoon of road racing and the organisation was second to none. Excellent promotion from Ian.

I know that Clare did really well in the O 50's race, thought I heard 5th :grin: , and Duncan and Frank were also highly placed.

In the O 40's D Gibson won from a group of 4 who broke away 2nd time up the climb, followed by

2)Brian Loye

3)Jim Cusick

4)Andy Torrance

5)then Shug Jamieson who broke from group that Alan and I were in 3 miles out,

6)then me

7)Sean Gray

8) Steven from Nightingale

9)Drew Clark

10)Rob McLean

11) Alan Mclean

positions 8-10 may be a bit mixed up.

Thats all I know. Alan and I were in a group of 7 most of the race, swelled to 9 as Shug Jamieson and Rob McLean came back from front group. Alan unshipped his chain 5th time up climb and had to stop, the group exhibited exemplary behaviour and waited for him (well he was doing lots of hard spells)

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• Committee

Paul, you didn't mention that you won the sprint in our group.Thanks to you and the guys for letting me get back on when my chain dropped.

Top marks to you and Jim for working so hard. Jim took a magnificent, and ultimately doomed, death or glory flyer off the front for about four miles to the hill.

Paul and I were well in the mix but the gap opened on the second ascent and it was then a fight for fifth place.It was good to work so well together in our bunch, hard work from the Nightingale guys and a couple of others, but the bad boys at the front were too good. Paul won a fantastic sprint, my legs were smashed and I drifted over the line a couple of seconds later.

Lovely weather, quiet roads and fabulous scenery. A grand day out.

The future's bright, the future's yellow and blue. Looks like we'll need a Millport annexe to the clubhouse.

Alan

• Members

To quote two famous Govanites !!!

let me tell you this ! I,m pwoud very pwoud

of every rider wearing the Johnstone colours today

our Dev squad :- outstanding

our jets :- outstanding

our ladies ;- outstanding

our vets ;- outstanding

our Go ride coaches ;- outstanding

our supporters ;- outstanding

thanks to all who took the time to come along and support the club today , well done one and all Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !