Contenders for the Hammock

Frank

I've been asked to give an update on the contenders for this year's Hammock Prize so I've listed the main offenders in order of their position in the betting.

Evens Favourite

- Darryl "The Wheel" Gunnson. There isn't much he doesn't know about punctures - apart from how to avoid them it seems.

2/1 - Jim "Heinz" Daly.

Our defending champion. There are 57 ways to press the self-destruct button on a race day and Jim is working his way through them!

3/1 - Kenny "The Collector" Steele.

How many bikes do you need not to compete in club events???

4/1 - Alan "Small Ads" McLean.

Love me, love my fishtank!

5/1 - Kenny "Coolio" Christie.

Who else co-ordinates the colour of Oakleys with overshoes -especially when they're fluorescent green!

So there you have the form men. No doubt things will change as the season progresses and the list will be updated.

Feel free to add to the nominations! :lol:

Frank

That's alright for you Darryl but I can't get to the next two TTs with any of my collection due to coaching at BoW.

Might speak with the chief com though and request that I can split the ride into two legs. The first on my way there and the second on the way home :-P:-P

• Members

Late contenders now rising through the ranks

Simon the technical guru Simpson( who hasnt gave us his view on why Macgunson is prone to puncturing yet )

Kenny Steele :- the man with so many bikes he has had to build a warehouse in the back garden is edging closer to the top of the league . He is now buying them colour coordinated with his St Mirren jersey :shock:

• 2024 Subscriptions
Late contenders now rising through the ranks

Simon the technical guru Simpson( who hasnt gave us his view on why Macgunson is prone to puncturing yet )

Kenny Steele :- the man with so many bikes he has had to build a warehouse in the back garden is edging closer to the top of the league . He is now buying them colour coordinated with his St Mirren jersey :shock:

Like the proverbial bad workman I've tried balaming my equipmwnt, but after having tried nearly all possible permutations of tyre, wheel, innertube, there is only one conclusion - it's me :lol:

We are contemplating a spectacular Britains got talent style phone in final for this years hammock award .

Suggestions for the panel please ???

I can exclusively reveal the behind-the-scenes manouevres currently under way to gain a place on that that prestigious judging panel. Kenny Mac is making a big play to be the Joansins' answer to Simon Cowell due to striking similarities in dress sense - he wears his trousers pulled right up to his armpits as well! Kenny also says many people have said he looks like Simon's double - aye right Kenny, Simple Simon mibbies :roll:

Our ex-cycling superstar, Stevie Blom, has thrown his hat into the ring. Ever the modest one, Stevie compares himself to Piers Morgan citing his new "sophisticated lifestyle, innat". He must be mixing with the Balmoral mob I think. Either that or he's fallen off the bike and landed on his heid again! ;-)

Lastly, the selection committee feel that the feminine viewpoint should be catered for and candidates for the Amanda Holden role include Vicky Begg and Colin Howard. Vicky is an obvious candidate because as the Blomster so eloquently puts it, "she's a classy burd, innat" but Colin is worth an outside bet due to his permatan legs and natty line in co-ordinated cycling accessories. :lol: Tough call.

Of course this could and probably will, all change.

Frank

+another 1 for Kenny

I've seen his lift storage unit (even had a hand in building it) and can tell you all it is very impressive. Plenty of room for his ever increasing collection.

I am even considering moving some of my bike collection from the clubrooms to his storage lift :grin: