Sun 15th Feb - Reliability No 3 - Sinclair Street

KennyS

:shock: where did all the good weather come from, like a spring day, apart from the very light rain which was quite refreshing ;-) A good steady pace set by bill and kenny macd.. as i steadily pushed from the back, :lol: flying all the way to helensburghpassed one of the best cafe stops north of the river....Ardaden garden centre.... :-x but these guys coulnd'nt be swayed... onwards and upwards :smash helensburgh at last , just as the half niners caught up...for medicinal reasons a short stop was taken by bill and i , Hello, beer !! while the kenny charged on to catch up with the half niners... :rockets . another great outing, with a great lesson in cadence just watching kenny macd working away...

sorry will have to miss the next two weeks as next weekend in dundee :uzi british army ceilidh, and following week overseas again....mllport. :roll:

• Members

The 2 guys who caught up with us at Helensburgh were 9;00 clock gang ( Al and pal) who decided to stop at bottom of Sinclair street. I left Ian to look after Bill T till his broom wagon turned up. Decided to push on to see how far I could get before being swallowed up by 9:30 squad. Big ring from top of Sinclair street to Dumbarton :cry: on set off cramp meant change down to wee ring :oops:

Onto bridge and no sign of anyone, back into big ring and opted for Georgetown , poor choice as it was a stiff headwind :shock: .

Onto track at Morrisons and a quick dash back to clubrooms approx 12:20 to find Janza and Daves wife waiting with soup, unfortunately Jim Daly had my key so couldnt open up. Waited 10 mins but was getting cold, reluctantly passed up on soup :angryfire and headed home for shower.

good run and didnt get a spell all day :lol: although Ian S did offer on a few occassions , but only if we could have a cafe stop ;-)

kenny - sorry for not continuing with you up the hill at Helensburgh but i was running out of energy and given that i'm a skinny wee runt (unlike my mate dave ;-) ) i seriously needed the banana.

ian - sorry i missed your post re meeting up with you and bill. i promise to check the website early doors on a sunday from now on. oh and you would have had no problem persuading me to the cafe stop....i was dreaming of a large coffee/carrot cake by the time we met you :lol:

dave and i plodded on and got caught by the 09.30 bunch just past Balloch, when i had to stop for a rest as legs were :uzi to bits.

i honestly did want to make it back to clubroom for soup and to get to meet more of you, but i'm afraid i had to head straight home from Erskine Br as i was dead by then.

cu all next week, although i'm gonna need a cafe stop at 30 odd miles. anyone care to join me?

al.