Laughing group

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

OOH ER MISSUS :shock:

Bunch consisting of Kenny MacD , Kenny , Davie R , Greg , Colin , Matt , Davie W. left clubrooms at 9:15am sharp

One of those days that you want to forget :angryfire

Early puncture at bottom of Bowfield ( Matt) this allowed Jim D to catch up with us .Then another at Gateside (Colin)meant a slow start to the run. Things were starting to look good when puncture No. 3 ( Davie W) happened on climb to Harelaw dam this was followed by Colin snapping chain in 2 places :cry: on steepest part of climb.

Despite best efforts of Colin and Kenny the chain could not be saved.

So as the others were sent on Kenny MacD and Davie W helped Colin back to Neilston. In Neilston a former member was called upon and willingly volunteered to drive Colin home. Leaving the 2 pushers to head back thru Barrhead and across to Elderslie.

So a day to forget but still managed to kill 3 hours whilst getting some miles in.

What can I say?????? An absolute mare of a ride!!!!!!

Just goes to show that the wheelers is certainly worth being a part of as all the stops get pulled out when you are in trouble.

A big thanks to new member Kenny for his assistance in trying to piece together my broken chain but unfortunately it was a lost cause.

Even bigger thanks to Kenny Mac and Davie W for the push back into Neilston which proved to be good interval training (for Kenny at least ) :oops: It would have taken me ages without you guys and even when in Nielston I would have been beaten without Kenny Mac's knowledge of former members.

And last but not least to the former member (sorry I have forgotten your name)for the lift back home. I did offer to return the favour of a push back home when we passed Kenny and Davie further up the road :roll:

On returning home BBJ visited with a replacment chain so that I can make up for lost time today (now thats what you call service ;-) )

Once again thanks to all who helped and apologies to the others whose ride was rather interupted :angryfire

Colin Hello, beer !!