Volunteers needed

Derek McKinney

Hi,

I'm looking for volunteers to take part in some physiological tests at Paisley Uni for my honours project.

The aim is to compare the specificity of cycle and running tests (i.e. trained cyclists should score better at some aspects on the bike than non-trained).

The tests themselve measure VO2max, Anaeroic Threshold and a number of other perameters, using top-end sports science equipment (eg £10000 gas analyser, Laboratory ergobikes, £10,000 treadmill etc).

Two sessions (about 7 days apart) are required from each participant- one on the bike and one on the treadmill.

The sessions (which should take no more than an hour) are free and very informative.

I'm currently using these tests to monitor my training progress towards the forthcoming season.

Volunteers are needed asap as testing will take place over the next month or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2023 Subscriptions

hi derek

I would be delighted if I can act as one of your test subjects. I'm lucky enough that work hours for me are very flexible (as long as I can get a few days notice) so I can probably fit in with your schedules.

when are you thinking of starting the tests?

martin

• 2024 Subscriptions

Derek

if you are short of volunteers, then I will be happy to take part. I actually work at the Uni so it would not be a problem for me. E-mail me here, or at work ([email protected]) or, if you prefer, call me at work on 848 3776 (secretary 3766 if I'm not in)

good luck with the project

Darryl Gunson

:-o Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post.

I'm hoping to do the majority of testing on wednesdays or fridays (am).

If these times are unsuitable because of work or whatever, just let me know what times will suit best and I'll see if alternative arrangements can be made.

As these are maximal tests, participants will need to sign a form stating that they don't have problems with heart/blood pressure/dizzy spells etc

A couple of points:

Kelly - Yes, girls can take part and you can be tested early March.

Sean - After 16th should be ok.