Thursday 7th. APR New venue/format

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Hi

with most people back from holidays its time to ressurect the APRs

so in preparation for the team time trial at Millport :-

APR new format 4 person teams starting at 1 min intervals slowest group first. Venue :- Westferry 10 course first team off at 7:00pm

post race habble along Georgetown Oh ya dancer !

So whos up for it ??

A/B squads :- MacGunson , Ramsay , Marko , James , Frank, Colin , Alan ,Mansonian, Jim D (1&2).

C/D Mike , Mullhooligan , Kenny S , Tony , Richie , Richard ,Ian C , Davie , Greg,Ian L , Lesley , Joyce , Sarah, Ian S , Bill T etc etc

apologies if I have missed anyone , the more the merrier

be there or be square ;-)

show of hands please Well, hallawrerr china!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll be there Thursday. Format sounds interesting.

Given I don't get home to Beith until after 6, I will need to join everyone down at the West Ferry. Presume we will just meet around the West Ferry roundabout?

When is the Millport TTT?

Cheers

Ramsay

• Members

Millport team time trial

SUNDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER

THE CUMBRAE 4 UP TEAM TIME TRIAL, Glasgow Road Club

Round the Island 10 miles, (nearly)

Entry Fee £20 per team

last night we had 2 teams

Stevie Blom , Ramsay, Jim Daly

Davie R, Liam,Stuart , Alastair

Davie R found the pace too hot in his grouppetto and slid off to ride on his own. Meantime the scratch group blew apart before a wheel was turned as Jim D missed his start :shock: and was left to chase on his own.

Stevie was determined to make up the 3 minute gap and his electric pace was too much for Ramsay who succumbed on run in. Stevie stormed past the 3 man first group to finish alone in 22.01 with the 3 youngsters working well as a team next followed by ramsay and Davie who was still under his 10 pb by over a minute.

Hopefully more teams next week

• 2023 Subscriptions

Would like to use excuses like, I had a cold (which I did), I was tired (which I was) and I hadn't warmed up (which I hadn't), but when it comes down to it, Stevie just rode the legs off me!! :uzi

Kenny, I would love to claim that I "succumbed on the run in", but in reality i only managed to hold on until 2 - 2.5miles!! :oops:

Will try harder next week! ;-)

Guest DavieR

Ramsay,

Do not despair, I had no excuses, the lads even waited for me and dragged me back just before the turn, but the minute the road rose up to the roundabout I was going backwards again, I must have cost them about two minutes, I will try harder next week! Still got a pb so all was not lost.

Hey Ramsay :grin: ,

Cycling is all about no pain = no gain :shock:

Believe me ive had my fair share of Doin's this year but if you persavere something will come good in the end..Keep those pedals turning in Anger Man and hope to see you next week. :smashHello, beer !!

A fantastic work out and was great to see the leading bunch working hard as a unit and not as individuals.

Just as well Kenny mac never took my idea of sticking a lap of the Clune brae amongst it otherwise i'd still be oot there ... :oops::oops: