Sunday 15th June: 9.30 Bunch - Tighnabruaich

Lesley Scally

How about a wee boat trip this Sunday?

We could take the Western Ferry (the red one) from Gourock to Hunters Quay (Ticket £3.80 return if bought in shop in Gourock). Head off round Tighnabruaich, Otter Ferry and Strachur. Can wait til the day to decide what direction we want to go in first.

What about meeting at the ferry around 10 ish or later if people want to cycle from the clubrooms to the ferry. Run is approx 75 miles ferry to ferry. Obviously further if you want to cycle from the clubrooms to the ferry and back!!

Cheers,

Lesley

• Life Members

Hi Lesley,

Sounds like a cracker, I'm in.

Should be driving down to Gourock Ferry as need to get home ASAP.

By the way, what time would you reckon we be back to Gourock later on?

Also, would 10.30am be O.K at Gourock ferry?

Come on, let's see a show of hands, this is a great cycling route with a lovely cafe stop at Strachur.

See you all on Sunday.

P.S what's the weather forecast like.

Cheers

Chung

Oh go on then, count me in Oh ya dancer !

I'll just take my chances at Millport. As Jim Daly said on Thursday night "just keep the water on your left and go as hard as possible" ;-)

Will we be meeting at 10 or 10.30 as I will ride to Gourock from the house :smash

Colin Hello, beer !!

Hi Chung,

Difficult to say when we would be back at Gourock - depends on how quickly you want to cycle :smash and what ferry we can catch - maybe 3.30/4.00 pm? We can also alter the route dependent upon how much time people have when we get there.

So lets meet at ferry for 10.30 am. That gives those who want to meet at the normal time at the clubrooms, time to cycle to the ferry.

Anyone who plans to cycle from the clubrooms, let me know and I'll join you! otherwise I'lll make my own way to the ferry from the house.

Lets hope the weather holds up!!

xx Lesley

Well what a great day out!!! Six of us met up at the Western ferry (me, Dennis, Liam, Chung, Mike and Colin) and made our way across the water. A bit breezy to start with, with many of us wishing we'd put more clothes on, until we passed Sandbank and made our way up the drag towards Tarsan Damn where things started to heat up a bit. Round Loch Striven and up the sharp and painful climb where we regrouped before a fast descent down the other side where we flew past Kenny and Bill on their return leg home. Headed on and up the long climb to the view point before starting the descent down on into Tignabruich where we stopped to refuel at Susys cafe before continuing on to Otter Ferry. A steady ride along the coastal road back towards Strachur where we were nearly wiped out by a stupid van driver, who brushed shoulders with Mike and had the cheek to shout at us for going to fast :smash. Back along Loch Eck, thankfully with a bit of a tail wind, and made it back to Hunter's Quay just in time for the ferry arriving.

1st prize goes to Mike who clocked up approx 120 miles having cycled from Paisley, followed closely by myself, Colin and Liam who did 100 miles having cycled from Kilbarchan, Bishopton and George Town - and then Dennis and Chung with 70 miles and a journey home in four wheels instead of two.

Long hard day, I'm just glad we had a tail wind from Gourock back to West Ferry and Bishopton and glad to have Colin on the front towing us along :grin:

Cheers

Lesley