1st June 9.30am Bunch......

chung

• Life Members

Hi all,

Any route planned, Lesley?

If not may I suggest we take in some hills this Sunday, head down the coast to Largs via Loch Thom down Brisbane Glen, Cafe stop and up the Hailie Brae & back home.

Alternative suggestion welcome!

Weather looks to be O.K

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

The first option of the Largs run will be about 4 & 1/2 hours cafe stop included, back at johnstone around 2pm ish?

Dennis's second option will probably be a bit longer, I think?

Not sure, what do you think Dennis?

But hay, David, remember what happened the last time we went on Crow Road run :grin:

Cheers

Chung

...in that case, David, we'll get back on Tuesday 8-)

As part of your decision-making process, Lesley, the Arrochar run should be the about the same-ish as Largs. Food should be available in Arrochar, Tarbet, Luss and Balloch, but we don't have to stop long at each one... :grin:

Dennis

Hi All,

Sorry guys, not getting off to a good start as a 'substitute' Captain. Fourteen hour working days this week, meant I couldn't wait to log off the computer so didn't get round to posting a run - you all beat me to it.

Fine with the proposed route to Arrochar, sounds good, thanks for the suggestion Dennis. (I'll save the ferry trip and Tighnabruaich for another time :lol:)

ps know of a good cafe in Luss if anyone has time.

Look forward to it and see you all Sunday.

Lesley

If you are making your way along the Georgetown to get to the Erskine Bridge then I may well tag along :grin:

All depends on the state of my legs after tonights TT :roll:

By the way if there are any plans to go over the new Glen Fruin road I would advise that it is closed for resurfacing at the moment.

Colin

A respectful group of 11 left the clubrooms on a beautiful sunny morning (me, Donald, Dennis, Chung, Mike, Kenny Mac, Liam, David, Greg, Martin and new comer Stuart). Headed down the Georgetown en route to the Erskine Bridge where we picked up Colin, Graeme, Frank, Campbell and Stephen and said goodbye to Kenny Mac and Dennis who had to return for home. Over the Bridge, Dumbarton, Bonhill, Balloch, Duck Bay, then over the old Glen Fruin road where David and Martin left us to return home. Onwards to Glen Douglas and up a real leg bender of a climb where we regrouped and were re joined by Colin and Greg who opted for the "slightly easier" option :roll: . Great descent down into Inverbeg and along the road to the tearoom at Luss, where Chung's eyes were bigger than his belly and young Greg had to bail him out, and even then Chung still managed to leave with a "doggy bag", just in case he got hungry later on :smash. Back home via Balloch, Bonhill and back over Bridge. Great day out with everyone sticking together and riding strongly. Roll on next week!!

I hope you guys missed the rain!

Martin and I went home via Faslane, Rhu and then Helensburgh where we parted company. I couldn't maintain his pace and opted for a steady return to Paisley and I even managed to resist the lure of the seaside cafes!

I got 110km in 5 hours, door-to-door, and was back in Paisley for cake and coffee at Barshaw Park at the back of two. :-P

Martin, thanks for the tow and lucozade! ;-)

• Life Members

Spendid bike of cycling with superb (while it lasted) weather, great company & sceenic route (that Glen Douglas is a killer), cheers Lesley & Donald our tour guide for the day.

The rain did managed to catch us, just on the Georgetown Road, so by the time I got back to the clubroom before 4pm, my "doggy bag" had turned into "soggy bag" damn...I was looking forward to tucking in as well :grin:

Excellent day out, looking forward to next week already.

Cheers

Chung

Sorry I had to leave the bunch on this run, but I had to go back as my aunt had taken a bad turn and I ended up taking her to hospital (and thankfully she's getting better now). We'll have to find another way of crossing the river, as that's two weeks in a row where one of us has had to turn back unexpectedly at the bridge. :-(

Oh how I missed that run, and to see the posts about it makes me drool at the mooth. Even more so as I can't make it next Sunday. :cry:

So, Lesley, if you want to make an auld guy happy, pleeeese keep the Tighnabruich run for the 15th or 22nd June! 8-)

Must have been quite a sight when you got home, Chung, that soggy bag! :lol:

Dennis