Sup6r 6 March 1st

duncan thomson

• 2023 Subscriptions

OK despite being trashed in Rothesay race at end of the year, I have decided to try again. How bad can it be :shock:

I have entered the supporting race for cat4 and various other groups that still sound too fast.

Just.."40 miles on rolling course with only one big ring climb" from organisers description. I have added the course, not complete as it should go through Gifford back to the start, should have asked Kenny S how to do it.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/gifford/687999638

web page link for info

http://www.edinburghrc.co.uk/index.php?page=137

So my question, is anyone else ready to dip a toe in the water, I assume hardened race vets like Jim Daly will be there, am I right Jim or will you be in the big boy's race? I will try to keep on Alan McLean's wheel as long as possible (not long!)

Main aim is not to be dropped by the buch in the first lap of five :uzi

cheers

duncan

Guest Jim Daly

Duncan

Eh, it can be really bad :-?

I've entered the main race and am sure that Paul McDonald will too.

I think the race at the start of March is for the benefit of Girvan 3-day types and is way too early in the year for most humans.

Thanks for the race info.

I've also entered Sup6r 2 and 3 plus the Drummond Trophy. :oops:

Jim

• Committee

Hi

Potential confusion over which race to enter if a vet/cat 4.

Just checked braveheart forum.

http://www.braveheartfund.com/community ... IC_ID=3615

No doubt that "ordinary" vets/cat 4 will be in the support race. The organisers are going to chuck any ringers back into the main race so there should be more evenly matched competition at both levels.

Paul and Jim, top marks for aiming high.

Duncan and I would welcome company in the support race. Only 70 mins from Johnstone. Anyone interested please post or PM us. the race is a few laps of a circular course so even if you're dropped/puncture you won't be left in the middle of nowhere.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

http://www.entrycentral.com/index.php

yip, simple click on the race and vaa vaa voom, you are in, committed, ready to be peleton fodder :shock:

I see one James Daly Oh ya dancer ! in the big boys race, some other names I recognise from race reports, doesn't look as though it is going to be a low class field.

Still the B race has plenty of places for the Joansin, come March 1st. You just know it is going to be a beautiful spring morning with the wind always at your back.

Duncan

• 2023 Subscriptions

come on in, the water's lovely

wheelers, second biggest club entry so far Oh ya dancer !

Oh no, next we will need to looking at tactics and the like, yeah right.

mind you after getting a pasting by Jim who needs gears Daly on the reliability I may have bitten off more than can be chewed, ah well, WTF Hello, beer !!

Duncan

Guest Jim Daly

http://www.scuonline.org/newsdetail.asp?Nid=1672&DID=2

"All competitors please be aware that the times of the 1st round of the Scottish Cycling/Scottish Power renewables SuP6R six series have changed as follows

Race B – Start time - 10.30am

Race A – Start time - 13.00pm

Please be aware that the series is very much a pilot scheme and change will some time be required to allow for logistical situations.

We will endeavour to get all similar info on the website ASAP."

Guest Jim Daly

"Dear Entrant,

Due to oversubscription of SuP6R SIX Round 1 Scottish Power Renewables – Field & Lawn Road Race 'A' , I require the following information from all entrants to assist with the field selection process.

Your category

Your 5 best performances in Road Races from 2007 & 2006

BC Licence points and points scored in SC Div1, Div2 & Vets series will be taken into consideration.

This information must be received by the end of the 23rd February either via email or post.

If no information is received you will be at a high risk of not making the field.

Note: if you are one of the few riders who have done this via a paper entry then it is not necessary to respond, and please check with your team mates that they have recieved this email.

Chris Harney Race Organiser

5(4F1) Willowbrae Road

Edinburgh

EH8 7DB"

• 2023 Subscriptions

from Scottish Cycling website,

To encourage entries and participation amongst underrepresented groups selection for the events will be prioritised as follows:

* Women & Juniors (in race B new competitors will also be prioritised)

* Merit

(Event A E,1, 2, J, V1,V2, 3 AND 3V)

(Event B J, W 4ths (on points) V1, V2, V3 V4)

* Date/time of entry received

So in effect, if 80 women and juniors enter on the last day, they will take over the whole field in Race B, never mind all those that entered early on, before it became so popular. Surely that cannot be the case. First in line works and seems fair, ah well.

Its great that the series seems to have generated such enthusiasm, but I am amazed by the application of the "rules" :rockets

Mind you, it may just be Edinburgh Racing being terrified by the propect of the Joansin B team, seen out on the moors in close formation at high speeds round the Moscow circuit and apparently today round the Largs route. Oh ya dancer ! Dietary supplementation of cakes and extra strong coffee in Largs however, is being investigated by the appropriate authorities :shock:

Duncan

• Committee

Any know what Chris Harney's email means?

I've replied to him as requested but my names in the race entry list and I expect to be in it.

Maybe a few A's have tried to get into the B race.

Hope we don't get bumped off. Frank, Colin and I have already discussed tactics.

1. Go fast.

2. er.. that's it

A

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan

I think the bottom line is that the organiser is constrained by regulations that specify the prioity for entrants.

This will obviously be very frustrating for people (I might be one) who entered when there were only about 30 entrants and end up shuffled out.

All you can do is await the result of the selection process.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Guest Jim Daly

If possible, reply to his email with race results.

[email protected]

Alan can at least point to his result in the Glasgow Grand Prix support race.

I don't think there will be more than a dozen juniors and women waiting in the wings for the B Race.

As organisers, maybe, ERC will pull a few riders as a goodwill gesture. It stands to reason that no one team (club) should be allowed to field more than, say, six riders per race.

Basically, although very convenient, Entry Central is not presently compatible with BCf/SCu discriminatory race regulations.

• 2023 Subscriptions

scottish cycling is going down the drain, nobody is coming to races any more

please support us...

thanks for supporting our new initiative, but we will now invite who we like based on our antiquated regualtions. You may have paid but you will not necessarily get a ride...

Bonkers!

evolutionary track of prospective new racers: :lol::grin::-o:-?:-(:-x:angryfire

I might be picking this up wrong but are they not only looking for information from those in the "A" race? I certainally have not recieved the email posted by Jim and am thinking therefore that I don't need to submit anything!!!!! (nothing to submit anyway being a newcomer to this road racing lark :-? )

Colin

• 2023 Subscriptions

no Colin, you too!

my palmares will not take long to read. Once caught an arthritic granny on a shopper, mind you I had tri bars on. Still, a win is a win!

duncan

Dear Entrant,

Due to oversubscription of SuP6R SIX Round 1 Scottish Power Renewables – The Field & Lawn Road Race 'B' I require the following information from all entrants to assist with the field selection process.

Your Category

Is this your first Road Race Yes/No

Have you done less than 4 Road Races Yes/No

5 Best Road Race performances for 2007 & 2006

BC Licence points and points scored in SC Div1, Div2, Vets and Women’s series will be taken into consideration.

This information must be received by the end of the 23rd February either via email or post. If no information is received you will be at a high risk of not making the field.

Note: if you are one of the few riders who have done this via a paper entry then it is not necessary to respond, and please inform your teamates of this email, make sure they have recieved it.

Thanks

Chris Harney

Race Organiser

5(4F1) Willowbrae Road

Edinburgh

EH8 7DB

[email protected]

Thanks Duncan.

Have been having trouble with my email but now have the message and have responded with the minimum information that I have.

Pretty poor show this really. Easy to see things in hindsight but it might have been better to give juniors and women a seperate race altogether. Still you never know..... Maybe jim will be right about the ERC (think they're just running scared of the Joansin massive myself 8-) )

Colin

This is regarding the B race. When I replied to Chris Haney with my nonexisting results saying I was new to racing, I did ask what this means, i.e. will I be pulled due to lack of experience?

The answer was that in the contrary, I've got a better chance to be in it because I am a newbie. So there you go, got for folk like me (hopefully) but maybe not so good for someone is trying to get points for becoming a 3rd Cat...

There is quite interesting reading on the braveheart forum regarding this. Regarding BC rules, apparently you can't choose a field before the closing date is reached, i.e. ias long as you enter before the closing date you got the same right to be in the race as the first person who entered.

Won't be out on Sunday, but Darryl, last Saturday's Anniesland was about 20 (maybe 25) riders and actually very enjoyable (but it was the reason I blew up in Lugton on Sunday...).

• 2024 Subscriptions

Won't be out on Sunday, but Darryl, last Saturday's Anniesland was about 20 (maybe 25) riders and actually very enjoyable (but it was the reason I blew up in Lugton on Sunday...)

Howie, are you out at all this weekend? i may or may not do Annielsand on Saturday. What are you doing?

Darryl