anyone else doing the braveheart ride

duncan thomson

As well as supporting a fantastic cause troops, it's your chance to be famous. the ride is being covered by Cycling.TV and a photographer from Cycling Weekly as well as Braveheart staff photographers. If you're very lucky - you might get interviewed by...................... ME! before the event. Come along and say hello to Uncle Hertz. Don't be scared now :-o

• Committee

I'll be there. Duncan, I'll give you a lift.

Anyone else from Kilmacolm/BoW can PM me or Duncan to car share.

The pre-ride briefing suggests that D Millar and the other experts will be moving through the bunches giving everyone a chance to cycle with international riders for a spell. Excellent plan.

I just hope the poor guy can face endless requests for photos and autographs.

Alan

• Committee

Lots of JWCC at Galston for the Braveheart ride. About 500 riders in total; great turnout.

The rain held off but the first few miles were muddy on farmroads leading a to a couple of slides on corners.

We were reasonably comfortable at around 35 kph in a good, fast bunch of twenty or so until Jason McIntyre, Alan Peiper et al. joined us and decided to push the pace. Club riders tried desperately to hang to these fit national/international athletes but the bunch blew apart. These guys are literally/physically in a different league.

Duncan and I fell off the back quickly. Some of the fitter guys held on for a mile or two but soon all we could see was a little group of four or five top athletes about two miles ahead leaving victims in their wake every hundred yards.

We were swept up by the groups behind and had a great last 5 miles into Galston with a fast bunch of Nightingale riders. thanks guys.

Tea and cakes all round.

Martin's son did the route on his lovely wee Tmobile bike and had some surprise T-mobile goodies. I'll let Martin report the details.

Super end of season ride, I'm going to chuck the bike in the garage for a few weeks and cut the cables to avoid temptation.

Alan

Would that be the same Martin who couldn't bite his own lip and was found upside down behind behind the speakers wearing a pink spangly cowgirl costume singing "I'm merlin the happy pixie" at about 1am this morning at the end of the Braveheart do?

Or is it likely that we're talking about a different Martin altogether ???

Marco? Kenny? Dougie de Cervelo? Would any of you like to present the case for the defence, or is a plea change to "very, very guilty" about to be submitted?

Must ba a different one cos the Martin mullhooligan I know could not bite his own lip at about 11pm!!!! Another top night was had. Oh,and Alan Yeoman was dressed in pink too like a T-Mobile rider although it was more of a girly shade,his wife must have said he looked good in it,at least it's one way she knows he wont get a bird...... :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guilty as charged, although I'd just like to point out that I was there 'till the end this year. Even witnessed a bar closing for once. Hello, beer !! That's an improvement on last year. Hope the coffee pot got home safely Dougie.

The subsequent taxi experience and the 2:30am trip to Asda in search of scoff was definitely one of the more surreal moments of the weekend. :shock: Based on that experience, don't ever send Kenny Steele and Marco VW for the messages. Unless you like chicken. A lot.

Back to the important stuff, a great event. Well organised & marshalled ride, over back roads that would certainly feature on Kenny Mac's farmwatch.

As Alan says, Lewis came away with some goodies too. We were lined up behind Alan Peiper at the start, and when he saw the wee man's Tmobile TCR he dug into his pocket and presented him with his Tmobile oppy cap. He also came looking for him after the ride with a team bidon and happily posed for photies. Have to report the hat only left the head to go to school today. He's even wearing it in bed!

Roll on the next one. Lewis is going for 45 next year.

• Members

Go to home page of braveheart site and its onleft hand side of page click on fotos and it gives a list of last years and this years

http://www.braveheartfund.com/Gallery.asp?id=42 might work

pity you had your red & black rain jacket on , I did spot the shorts though in the group . The mullhooligans ,Greg and Kenny S have a foto shooyt all of their own Oh ya dancer !