Arran Poll

simon simpson

Ok time to firm up... as dougie and I discussed

so it's a poll and majority verdict is the one we go with regarding place and time.

my guess is Auchranie was £40 (BnB) plus our meal out and beer (another £25 to 30) £65??

I cant remember what the Youth hostel trip total cost was but it was about £13 accomodation plus food and wine (£15???) plus beer (£15???) Probably about £45 ... could be more as fresh basil is very expensive this year

If the YHA options are chosen I am happy to pannier up front rear and saddle bag... by the way do you know a bottle of wine weighs 1.5kg.

Ha,maybe so Simon,and I take your point on the price of Basil,but what about Cybil?!!,does she go too?... Anyway,by my reckoning a pair of trousers,a shirt and Speedo's weighs much less than all your food so guess where I fancy?!!!!!!!!! Folks,as Simon says majority rules,and please only Arran attendees vote,thanks. 8-)

• 2024 Subscriptions
Ok time to firm up... as dougie and I discussed

so it's a poll and majority verdict is the one we go with regarding place and time.

my guess is Auchranie was £40 (BnB) plus our meal out and beer (another £25 to 30) £65??

I cant remember what the Youth hostel trip total cost was but it was about £13 accomodation plus food and wine (£15???) plus beer (£15???) Probably about £45 ... could be more as fresh basil is very expensive this year :lol::lol::lol:

If the YHA options are chosen I am happy to pannier up front rear and saddle bag... by the way do you know a bottle of wine weighs 1.5kg.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hows this for a conundrum,

I think its right that you only vote if you are going. So, I voted a few days ago. However, what if you can only go on the date you voted for. If it is not, and you can't go, then you should not have voted in the first place :-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

Answers on a postcard and you can win a branded SS bike attachment that carries 8 bottles of wine and keeps them chilled :lol::lol:

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2024 Subscriptions
How about "eligible to vote if you CAN make at least one of the dates"?

:lol:

I'll take the wine cooler Hello, beer !!

What aload o mince :-? Still doesn't resolve it. My excuse? Still recovering from the anaesthetic :rockets

Ever heard of the Barber of Seville? A great guy who only shaved those men who didn't shave themselves. But he was never quite sure who was supposed to shave him. :-?

I seemed to have missed the debate here...

I've had a small court related item to deal withjavascript:emoticon('Oh%20ya%20dancer%20!')

People were out at the curry night the other night so perhaps with the help of the poll and the information from Friday Dougie will give us the definitive post?

I could be wrong but I think you can add to the poll without posting but it would be far from my place to suggest you should pack your favoured option by multiple personal votes. Certainly not now... adding a few a day from the start is what I'd be doing in future!

Do we have a decision yet as to when and where? Does someone have a preference for the first weekend because he can't fit mudguards on his King? ;-)

Any more folk interested in going? You can be sure of a good run on the bike and a fun time doing it. I'm especially looking for slower folks who'll drag me round and push me up the hills :grin:

Right. STOAP THE BOAT! :shock: .SHOCKEROONY :-o I called the hotel tonight to make the reservation and was told that no rooms are available for either weekend and the policy has now changed to minimum 2 nights stay,bummer. :roll: SO,it looks like the bunkhouse this year lads,on the 7th October :roll: . Could Simon put some thoughts together regarding food transportation and any othe rminor items like DRINK!! Hello, beer !! .? Kenny as for a definitive post,somehoiw I dont think this one will be it mate. :-(

• 2024 Subscriptions

Great stuff. The Auchrannie would have been nice, but the YH is good too.

I'll have two panniers available for light food transportation duties, so let me know.

BTW I'm not available on BT just yet and visits to the bunch are a bit intermittent, so if folk need to get in touch quick, use my mobile number.

DG