Super Saturday masters racing - 17 Feb

• 2023 Subscriptions

Open for entry now

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/173456/Super-Saturday-8:-Women,-Masters-&-Tandems

You dont need to enter each endurance event individually, use the 'all 3 endurance races' option. There is also a  mens 500m TT, a womens flying 200, a womens team sprint and tandom sprint and kilo

The groups are:

Open age womens group

Masters A,B and C is 30 - 44

Masters D, E, F, G is 45+

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Tough afternoon

Started with devil, made an arse of things - was trying to conserve energy for the later races but just resulted in me being out 2nd. Next was scratch, hammer went down and there was a split (and i reckon some collusion with the rt23 guys - one in the break one disrupting the chase!). Managed to claw it back then just a case of hanging on, following attacks, eventually got pumped with  3 to go when it ramped up for the sprint. Last was points, there was a crash midway through with a couple of riders down so neutralised then racing back on with 26 laps to go. 3 eased off the front after the sprint at 20  (Martin Lonie, Jason Roberts and Alan Thomson) and then me, Richard McGhee and John Gartland chasing. Managed to get a 4th at 10 after which it was just me and Richard. Managed to peg the gap but 2 of us aint closing down those 3! Ended up with 4th at the last sprint. So 3 points in total which isnt much but probably wont be all that bad overall.

Average power and speed not much different to a typical wednesday night but it was much harder when the pace picked up.  Could definitely have done with a bigger gear! Bigger legs, heart and lungs too .