Doonbank Trofee

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

Martin Mulholand, myself and a bunch of Jets(the real racers) raced today, the course was chewing up bikes, Martin got several punctures and I destroyed another derailleur on the 2nd last last lap. I was going to have to run to the line and an other lap when I spotted the leader about to finish behind me... I took my time getting to the line and somehow managed to cross the line just behind him saving me from having to run a lap and a probably last place, I have no shame ;)

Well done all great day 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great event by the Ayr Burners.

I punctured on my sighting lap and then again on my warm up lap. Last minute loan of an 8 speed wheel from Jet Keir G got me into the race at least. Managed a 67th, up 20-odd places on last week.  :icon_yes

Jets fared better. in the u14 Keir also had a double puncture on the warm up. Started the race about a minute or so late but finished 5th. Ruairi finished 8th with a front wheel puncture, James and Andrew just outside the top 10. Result of the day was a win for Olly in the u12 on his 'home course', with a top 20 for Murray in his 2nd cross race. Sole Jet in the u10 race Rowan rode well to finish a lap down on the leaders.

All in all a grand day out in Ayr.