Track league 2016-17

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for posting the link, i had seen the event entry was up but just couldnt find the league membership entry link despite lots of searching on the BC site.

For those intending to race and who havent heard me mention the changes coming - the registration fee covers both the September to December block and also the January to March one. It means riders will be allocated a number for the season which you bring each week so no need to pin the number on in a rush in the centre in order to get a warm up on time (I dont know if the numbers have arrived yet, so for the first week it might still be the old system). You'll still need to bring your BC card and hand that over and collect at the end of the night.

Registration fee is to hopefully bring in some extra money to help cover any weeks that run at a loss. Overall it broke even last season, but not by much - a couple of poorly attended weeks can make a big difference.

As for the racing itself - the points system is going to be changed - it's going to be weighted based on group and also for the top 5 in each race rather than down to last place. There will be a rider brochure / pdf coming out soon which will cover all this. Race format will be pretty similar to last season - although elimination races moved so they are each groups last race of the evening.