Supported Tour of Scotland , June 2016

• 2023 Subscriptions

All, please see below, I received this from Dave Moss at TLI Cycling. May well be of ineterst to some,

For the last three years I have organised a week long supported tour of some of best cycling routes in Scotland. I'm taking expressions of interest for our 4th annual cycle tour of Scotland, June 11th to 17th. Being fully supported, this may appeal to anyone wanting to tour with a lightweight bike without the hassle of carrying all your luggage, having accommodation sorted for you and meals cooked for you have a hard days ride. You also befit from a route selected by a fellow cyclist who knows the best way to get round Scotland on a bike. Starting and finishing in Stirling, the 2016 tour takes us through the Grampian Mountains, across to Fort William and onto Mull via the remote Ardnamurchan peninsula visiting Iona before returning to Stirling via Loch Awe. Fully supported with baggage transfer, on ride snacks and van support, high carb meals prepared by our own cooks and great company make this a fantastic cycling experience. see www.tearfundcycling.btck.co.uk for details. I just charge the actual costs of the tour, all the support staff are volunteers. I then ask you to raise funds for the charity Tearfund. ( www.tearfund.org ) Dave Moss Regional Secretary Scotland

• Life Members

Great info. Paul!

I believe Big AllanM, Peter Graham & AndrewD (all Wheelers) did this event a few years ago & they loved it!

Well organised & the route was superb (Scotland is so beautiful & varied, but hilly though) by the Teafund organisation.

I would love to do it but with it being almost a week long & still during school weeks I'm afraid I can only dream about it for the time being :-(

The few places mentioned - Ardnamurchan (the most Westerly point of the British mainland I believe), Isle of Mull etc. which I have cycled in various occasion with the Wheelers have been nothing short of spectacular in terms of riding & scenery.

Fantastic event!

Cheers

Chung