Training Night

pete bennell

All,

Nothing seemed to happen this week - can we make a start next Tuesday (thursday is planned for the COMMITTEE!)- warm up 7.00 /7.30 + 1.5 hours of pain!

The rollers are set up and the equipment is out (ps. has anybody seen the large Swiss exercise ball?) - all we need is a warm up leader!

We can also work out where you are at in terms of weight, fat % and fitness if required so that you can monitor your progress over the winter, and we can supply any number of turbo/training programmes - let me know if anyone is interested.

Pete

Will join you kenny - do you have the Keys then etc......

My god better start a Non eating drnking plan then if body fat % is being tested. :shock:

Folks this year the plan has to be for all the new/current to start turbo training.

By the time Kenny Mac returns to the bike we should all be able to give him a hard time!.................maybe thats a bad idea.

Stevie b>

Guys,

I'm happy to come down and open up, but might not be able to stay, so I could leave the keys and get them back some other time.

Unless someone is actually going to organise the circuit, I suggest that individual turbo sessions are called for- I can supplt HRM's and turbo programmes.

Testing, weighing and fat % will be done at the end of the month, so you have time for the diets to work!

Pete

I'm going to try and get along to these nights this year, but can't make it tomorrow. For the novices (including me) can someone post a few more details, for example

Do you need to bring your own turbo trainer?

Will it be run with everyone doing the same thing, like a spin class?

Is it better to use good bike or winter bike? (Or time trial bike if positioning is important)

Is a cadence monitor mandatory / good if you have it / a waste of time and money?

And any other tips you can think of.

Cheers

SH

I'm going to try and get along to these nights this year, but can't make it tomorrow. For the novices (including me) can someone post a few more details, for example

Do you need to bring your own turbo trainer?

:grin: - As far as i know the club has many turbo trainers at the moment but would be best if you brought your own just incase many people turn up.

Will it be run with everyone doing the same thing, like a spin class?

:grin: Last year We had the same usual suspects coming down so each member followed a structured plan - or several riders would follow the same plan depending on your fitness level. - basically the same at this time of year.

Would last for 45 minutes - Either listen to the music on offer or bring yout MP3 player with you.

Climb on your steed and start the session on your own.

Is it better to use good bike or winter bike? (Or time trial bike if positioning is important)

I would use a old winter bike thats going to pound the turbo or roller.

If you are into Time trialing then USing either your Time trial bike or winter bike with TT bars is a great way to get your core used to the position.

Also another way to check if your position is correct.

Best bring down your old winter steed.

Is a cadence monitor mandatory / good if you have it / a waste of time and money?

:grin: Superb investment by far in my opnion.

I knew nothing about spinning the pedals instead of using big gears.

A bit like the Armstrong Ullrich effect.

Train and practice spinning the Pedals at high RPM = 120.

The monitor can show you exactly what you are doing.

And any other tips you can think of.

Can only say what i did last year:

Used:

Winter bike and used a old worn down winter wheel with a worn down tyre.

Idea is to use stuff on the rollers/turbo thats nearly for the bin.

No point using a new set of tyres that will only be eatin up by the roller/turbo.

Winter bike

Spare old wheel with Worn down tyre

Water bottle - plenty of fluids

Heart rate monitor

Shoes

MP3

Full change of cycling gear

Savlon or assos cream

Towel / shower gel.

I tend to practice my spinning the gears for 45 minutes and its all done at low intensity at 120 RPM + lower heart which in effect is like fat burning.

Ideal way to train at this time of year.

Over the next few months i will be sticking to a 12 hour per week plan.

My rides to work and back make up some of that which helps.

the rest is made over the weekend and tuesday + thursday evenings.

Riding to work is guaranteed base miles and if you can do this then go for it.!

Best time to excercise is in the morning and early evening.

See you the morrow night then........

Stevie B. :grin: