Twins! (This should be under the 'RESULTS' section....)

kelly van der toorn

Dear all

Just to let you know I had my babies just over a week ago - 4.30 and 4.31 am on Tuesday 6th September - requiring an emergency section having gone into premature labour on the Monday night. It was all a bit traumatic, as at 34 weeks, my twins are requiring 'Special Care' and will be looked after by the experts for a few more weeks it seems.

The first born, Fletcher Gregory, weighed in at 5.3 lbs, and his sister Thea-Fleur was 5.7lbs. She's a dainty madam with swimmers shoulders, delicate hands and big feet, while he's got biceps and builders hands. Both have a decent pair of legs on them, but my dad reckons Fletch will have to pilot the tandem as his giant hands will be better suited to operating the brakes. Thea has fine hand control which has seen her remove heart rate monitors, oxygen prongs, feeding tubes and all sorts, and Fletcher seems fairly unphased by anything.

Both have had a few problems in the first week, placing Greg and I on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, so we arent really feeling like celebrating thier birth until they are given the all clear, and we can bring them home.

We look forward to sharing them with you all some time in the future....

cheers

Kells X

Hi Kelly,

Congratulations :grin: ... I'm delighted for you.

It will be emotional until you've got them home and settled but I'm sure they'll have inherited your super strong gene.

My twinsister and I were 6 weeks premature....and were just like your two - kept in under the watchful eye of the experts......and well look - we turned out o.k! well, perhaps a few would disagree :lol:

Best wishes for the four of you.....you'll be a great mummy Kelly.

Sarahx

Congratulations Kelly.

Andrew Goldie was six weeks early, 4lbs 6 ounces, emergency section, special care baby unit for five weeks, breathing problems, fluid in windpipe, etc etc. When he came home he fitted into the back pocket of my JWCC/Dooleys track top (why do parents always take photos like that?).

He's now 15, five feet nine, has grown over 5 inches this year, and Docs are predicting he may top out about 6feet3. He eats like a horse and still has a 26inch waist!!

Early babies are cool! Congratulations.

GG

Congratulations to you both.... :grin:

Both of my friends sons were born at 32 weeks (not twins) and both have done well after giving their mum and dad a bit of a fright at the start. Alexander's just started school and the last time I saw Gregor he was using his high chair to practice rugby tackles!!

Make sure you look after yourself too...... C sections are difficult to recover from, it's been six months and I still have to take it easy every so often, at least when Shona allows me to....

Best Wishes

Sharon, Alan and Shona