Bike Fitting

alexb

Just had a bike fitting from a life member of JWCC - Drew Wilson (Visual Bike Fit). It's a mobile service so he comes to your home. Took just over 2.5 hours and bike feels much nicer than previously, though out on the road will let me know the difference for sure. Good one to one, personal service.

Cleat positioning, stem length, height, bar rotation, lever positioning, seat post height and saddle position all changed. Thankfully he didn't suggest stabilisers...

Not sure the rules on contacts etc, so left them off this post, but he was asking after you all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Chris

I'm currently seeing a Physiotherapist called Neil Macleod based in East Kilbride, he has a long history in cycling/coaching etc and does bike fit. His price is £40 per hour and fit takes about 3 hours.

I can't comment on Drew Wilson or Retul but i would recommend Neil.

All the best.

Robbie

Drew Wilson is Visual Bike Fit and comes to your house. Heavily discounted to JWCC as he is a life member of the club. Takes about 2.5 hours.

Noticed a huge difference whilst on the drops at the weekend - much better, and easier reach to the hoods, but have only done 90 miles since the fit. I'll see how this weekend's marathon goes!

Cheers guys. I did my fit myself with the help of some guides but I definitely notice a few aches using the rollers over winter - especially on the drops. Did either of you get given off bike measurements? Would be useful to know some numbers for looking at geometries of potential new steeds.