Track league 18th feb

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another fun but tough wednesday night. First up 40 lap points - bridged to a solo break after 20 laps then overtook and managed to hold on to win the sprint at 16, recovered a bit then contested the final one - ended up getting caught by a few riders on the line. However got enough points for a 3rd, so pleased with that as it was quite unexpected! Next was a 16 lap scratch. Couple of us found ourselves off the front early on so tried to push on and worked hard for a few laps but eventually we were caught, could only hang on to the back of the bunch after that. Last was a 32 lap scratch, a couple of riders attacked on the gun and i went with them - on reflection a bit of a daft move but i thought 3 working together might have a chance. However the 3 became 2 after about 20 seconds. We were caught after dangling off the front for a bit but was still feeling ok but was behind the wrong rider at the wrong time as the sprint started.

• 2023 Subscriptions

C's were quick tonight. 12 lap scratch had me riding mid bunch, but going with the surges, a bit of a new experience for me. Maybe the lower gearing helped. Picked up 2nd on the second sprint of the points race, right place right time and just got edged out on the line. Front half of the bunch finishes for the rest of the sprints. Last race felt a little more relaxed, sitting in near the front for most of the race and dropping back a little at the end. Really good fun night.