Velo Sportive Winter Series 2014 - Aberfeldy - Crieff - Comrie - Lochearnhead - Killin

Hi,

have entered the Velo Sportive Winter Series 2014 - Aberfeldy - Crieff - Comrie - Lochearnhead - Killin on 28 February 2015.

Anyone else interested?

http://www.entrycentral.com/event/103127

Date: 28th February 2015

Cost: £9.00

Route: Aberfeldy - Crieff - Comrie - Lochearnhead - Killin

Mileage: 73 miles

Climbing: 4166 ft

Meet Time: 9:00am

Meet Venue: Aberfeldy Main Street

We will be meeting at the Aberfeldy for a prompt depart at 9:00am.

There will be 6 Velo Sportive ride leaders on the route throughout the day, a support vehicle will be present and there will be a feed station situated half way around the route offereing bottle top ups, high 5 bars and gels, home baking and bananas as well as some other items.

Spaces are limited to 30 riders and all riding abilities are welcome.

Depending on numbers we will split the groups up, there is no average speed, these are winter rides and there to be enjoyed. Groups will be starting together and finishing together with the only splits in groups being on the hill climbs where groups will reconvene at the top of all hill climbs.

Regards,

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Hi James,

I'm being a bit slow in responding to this one - I was thinking I had a birthday party that weekend, but on checking the diary it's the previous weekend!!

I see there are currently only 6 people signed up for it, and the scenery up there is spectacular.

Are you thinking of driving up in the morning?

If you can promise weather like today I'd be keen to do it if I can.......    :grin:

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Yes, driving up in the morning seems sensible.  No doubt there are some in the club that would cycle there first.  It would be good to have you along.  I need to get a few miles under my belt before then though.  So long as no snow or ice is around, should be good.

Anyone have any experience of this event?

James

• 1 month later...

All,

We are postponing this weekends ride due the weather and the forecast for Thursday/Friday morning. 

As always safety of our riders is paramount so we are moving the ride out to the following weekend 7th March 2015.

A full note and details for the 7th March will be sent out in due course.

This time of year the weather can be so unpredictable and we need to take this into consideration.

We hope that you can understand our reasons for doing this and we look forward to seeing you on the 7th March.

Thanks

Rob Simpson
Velo Sportive

Hi All,

Weather is better this week although the snow was pretty bad up in Comrie on Tuesday. Unfortunately due to illness of some ride leaders we are going to need to cancel this Saturday's ride.

We don't feel comfortable leading the group around the route with only one rider available.

You have two options available -

1. We transfer you place over to one of the additions rides that is scheduled, these can be found on entry central

Or

2. We will arrange a refund

Please let us know and apologies in advance.

Thanks

Rob Simpson

Velo Sportive

Hi All,

Weather is better this week although the snow was pretty bad up in Comrie on Tuesday. Unfortunately due to illness of some ride leaders we are going to need to cancel this Saturday's ride.

We don't feel comfortable leading the group around the route with only one rider available.

You have two options available -

1. We transfer you place over to one of the additions rides that is scheduled, these can be found on entry central

Or

2. We will arrange a refund

Please let us know and apologies in advance.

Thanks

Rob Simpson

Velo Sportive

Hi,

Not good news for me!  I have a number of sponsors now so feel obliged to complete this sportif one way or t'other.  So I will go and do it under my own steam sometime.  Anyone want to join me?  I have requested a copy of the route to be used but we don't necessarily need to stick to it.

James

• 2 weeks later...