10th December

AlanT

• Committee

Coaches/parents please note we have some stock adult Jets kit for sale. Please see post in Jets Facebook page for details.

I can bring to SCHV on Wednesady. Unfortunately skinsuits are all gone but we have adult jerseys, shorts and grid fleece in the Jets colours. 

Also caps for a fiver. See my avatar.

Post here or PM me

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another tough night in the Bs - first up 40 lap points, race passed me by a bit although was comfortable enough (at least relatively speaking was still tough). Next 16 lap scratch, it opened up a bit and i was tempted into start the sprint with 5 laps to go, i was dieing with about 2 laps to go and then finished off by the bell. Last was 32 lap scratch, a hard pace but quite steady too - was a single line string for most of it and everyone putting in a hard effort for their turn on the front, eased up slightly with about 4 laps to go and someone went off the front and i went too caught up and overtook but couldnt hold on and was pipped for 3rd on the line, all that effort for nothing! Good fun though - always nice to be in a warm velodrome when the weather is miserable. :)

btw Richard i asked a few weeks ago about the locker / cage situation and was told they would be available again before Christmas but dont see any evidence of that yet, they are still all empty.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jets showing the way again making up at least 80% of the youth group. And doing the business. Diehards Alan T and Iain putting in more track miles and very well done to Iain getting 4th in the B scratch, it was an eyeballs out affair according to my gasket which blew with 8 to go.

All good :)

• Members

Race reports are a close second best to watching in person! :-)

btw Richard i asked a few weeks ago about the locker / cage situation and was told they would be available again before Christmas but dont see any evidence of that yet, they are still all empty.

The guy I'm sharing with got an email from the Emirates today, coincidentally. The velodrome are going to take a £50 deposit (on top of the hire charge) and issue locker keys. In the past, you were left to put your own padlock on the cage. We're not sure if this new system will feature electronic keys which cant be copied as a means of stopping the sharing of lockers. If it does, I won't have a cage. (Cheers, Iain.)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fast night in the C group as well. First race was abandoned with 3 laps to go due to a nasty crash. Thankfully no serious injuries. 32 lap silent points up next, with the youths forcing the pace a bit. I finished at the front of the second chasing group, about half a lap off the pace. Final race was a 24 lap scratch. I was going well until the last 5, then the pace went up and I went back. Finished well down the field. Hard work, but fun.