Track league 05/11

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Torrid night in a fully subscribed combined C/D group. Racing was accompanied by pops, bangs and crackles, and that was just from my knees.

Big crash right in front of me in the sighting lap on the first race, 4 riders down, including young Adam, who went on to ride 2 races with a crushed fork leg (scary). I only lost a pedal and managed to stay upright. The race itself was event free. Took to following a wheel in the second race, a 25 lap points. Didn't contest any of the sprints, but managed to finish in the front third of the bunch but with no points.

The last race was a bit of a disaster, with my legs dying with 10 laps to go, and getting lapped by the bunch 3 laps later. Called it a night right there.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was relegated to the Cs initially but shortly after that i got another email saying i was back in the Bs. First up 50 lap points, pretty uneventful until 9 laps to go where i attacked thinking someone would come with me, but no-one did. Got about a half lap in front and maintained it for a bit but couldnt push on, bell went and managed to get the points at least. Next 25 lap scratch, same story different week - too far back, kept being the wrong side of riders chucking it and pulling out so having to close gaps and eventually i couldnt close it down anymore and just hung off the back of the group about 10 m. Last was 30 lap, tried to make the race hard rather than ride it in such a way that it is only hard for me! It was working ok until 4 laps to go, there was a lull in the pace then an attack which i couldnt respond to quick enough. So end result was nothing but it was a much more enjoyable race at least.

Would have been nice to have won something to justify my place in the Bs, but it wasnt to be.