Who is riding 'The Hunner'?

simon simpson

Simon i agree with what you say regarding 12 hr helpers.

I am riding the 25 mile tt at Eggy park which starts at 8am - hope to do very well at this event as the form is on the up this month Hello, beer !! .

Im off at 08:28 - managed to get earlier start.

However Jim Cusick is collecting me at my house about lunch time to head up to Invergordon.

Atleast i still get to race this weekend :lol:

Hope everyone takes care and has a great day out as last year it was also nice and sunny.

Dont remember stopping for lunch at the side of the road or a spar :lol:

Is there a usual feast at the return to the hospital Simon?

Stevie B!!!.

Vicky,

I think Simon was giving directions to Erskine Hospital which is where we are starting from. We then head over the bridge towards Dumbarton.

For those who don't know where Erskine Hospital is follow the link below

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=245000.148187558&Y=670000.088481095&width=700&

height=400&gride=246176.148187558&gridn=671196.088481095&srec=0&c

oordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&lo

calinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=50000&multimap.x=

376&multimap.y=63

Dave and myself will be along for this - in a moment of insanity I agreed to do it ......!!! :oops:

We were planning to meet at the clubhouse at 8am to be down at the hospital before 9am - does anyone else plan to go from here ?

Or can anyone else cycling down give us an idea od when they will be leaving and we can meet up ?

Cheers folks.

:grin:

Well a good day had by all we started with approx 30 riders from all different clubs . A couple of mishaps along the way.

Firstly on the Erskine bridge Dennis took a spill his rear wheel pulled from the frame all was resolved quickly then on

another 20 miles and yes it was yours truly myself touched an other riders rear wheel and the

black stuff wasn't getting any softer glad ive got plenty of in built padding .

Well going on only another 300 mtrs and Steven Leckie and another rider were face down in the, yes the road .

Carried on and it was good to say that was the last of the mishaps we got on with the hunner .

With a stop at the top of the rest then on to Strucher where some of us stopped for

the usual deer tea then on to the ferry and back to the Erskine hospital for tiffin .

And the usual tales of wo and Simons BBQ

PS

A big thanks to Kenny Alan for the wheel back on to the bunch much appreciated .

Start list included 33 riders and a number of riders paid the entry fee but didn't

sign in

The event raised £385.10 which will be forwarded to the Erskine Hospital:

thanks to all those who took part and all those who looked after fallen riders

and riders from other clubs out on the road.

Thanks

ss

Thanks to Simon for organising...

With regards to my own crash, I have to accept a good slice of blame ownnership... there was a crash at the back of the bunch so when the call came out to stop I may have eased on the brakes a bit sharply, presuming that the riders behind who had called out had already began to slow down and stop... someone like myself who has been cycling for a years should know that you can never presume anything while on a bike... :oops:

Stephen Leckie