Bike storage

Jannza

• 2023 Subscriptions

I've used a pulley system that hooks on the saddle and handlebars, works reasonably well if your handlebars are not to cluttered with computer, lights, bell, etc. it fits with a hook each side of the stem so as to keep the wheel straight. Has the advantage that it keeps the bike horizontal and accessible for maintenance.

I have also used a single hook from a roof beam which goes through the front wheel and holds the bike in a near vertical position. This may be a bit more awkward to use, but is simple and takes up less floor space.

I am currently using a wall mounted hook that holds a pedal, the bike then hangs off the wall by the pedal with both wheels resting on the wall. This has the benifit of not taking any floor space so I can have another bike underneath it.

I got all the fittings from Lidl and/or Aldi, but only the hoist was sold specifically for bikes.

What's best depends on how you want to use it and the space you have available.....

• Members

Jan I got two large hooks from b&q. They are coated with red rubber/plastic with a thread on the other side. They then screw into wooden beams and can either hang from frame or wheels. I hang upside down from wheels as takes less space. Think they are about £2-£3 each

Cheers

Iain