Advice for accreditation

Jodyc

Hello,

I am just looking for a wee bit of advice. Finally managed to book a place on the accreditation 1 session in April after a few 5am alarm calls with no joy. Can anyone tell me what if anything I need to do before hand. Planning on using one of the hire bikes. Do I need to organise shoes, pedals etc. do I need to let them know before hand of my intention to hire ?

Also how early do I need to go before the start of the session for bike fit etc or is that part of the session.

Sorry for all the questions but I have absolutely no idea about the track but can't wait to have a blast at it.

Jody

• 2023 Subscriptions

Shoes and hats are provided. All you need to do is rock up, get fitted and go. Your tenner gets you bike hire, shoes and hat and an hours tuition. I'd allow 15 - 20 minutes for fitting and gentle stretching.

Enjoy.

• 2023 Subscriptions

They often won't open the hire bit until 15 min before the session. The shoes are Shimano, so go 1 up in the euro sizes - e.g. I'm normally a 41, so the 42 shoes were good. It's best to know what bike size you need - they are Dolan bikes, so a look at the Dolan web site to check the sizing to give you a starter.

Tip - clip both feet in while hanging on to the side before you start - it's impossible to clip in on the move with fixed wheel (though it gives the others on the session a good laugh if you try :oops: ).

Alan, Billy, Boyd,

Thanks for all the tips. I'll get myself along nice and sharp on the night.

As per Boyds update, if anyone else has any tips about do's or don'ts then I'm happy to listen. I'd rather not be the one that everyone is laughing at.

Jody

Track is simple keep pedalling and remember the slope on the banking is exactly the same on the black line and at the top of the banking

Always look over your shoulder before moving up and down the track

Put a bit more pressure on your pedals when moving up the track and a bit less when moving down the track

Lastly smile it's enjoyable

• 1 month later...

Just a wee update, I had to cancel my accred 1 in April due to illness but went to the SCHV this morning and did the session. I think it would be fair to say it was one of the best bits of fun I've had on the bike.

Can't wait to book the second session and get back out on the track. For anyone that's not tried it. Do it now ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘