Braw Lads 'Baw' Breaker - 22nd Jun 2014

• 4 months later...
  • Life Members

Al,

Thanks for the offer, however I will most likely be doing the "Katrine Kaper" this Saturday with Campbell Hutcheson & Big Ronnie too.

I'm going to email the organiser to see if I can get a late entry or try enter on the day, I'll let you know if I do and try to meet up with you since you & Simon seems to be doing part of that route as well.

Cheers

Chung

Great route on quiet roads, well run event, hills upon hills upon hills. Catering of Drumlanrig standard!

Andrew and I managed to stay with Darryl and Foxy until about the 70 mile mark when the hills started to take their toll. If Darryl's Garmin map is correct it looks like without our steadying influence they decided to add a few extra unofficial miles to visit Hawick!

Gala CC are keen that we rate their event.

http://www.cyclosport.org/event/22-Jun-2014/UK/braw-lads-baw-breaker.html

• 2024 Subscriptions

Alan,

We did indeed add some miles on - by mistake! Missed the sign for the last feed stop and carried on thinking it must be further up the road. Only realised once we were in Hawick. We weren't the only ones that did this either. There's a lesson to be learned there for sure!

• 10 months later...
Guest james mck

Firstly thanks for your reply Darryl and secondly no one asked for you to butt in billy big nose. And it wasn't that long ago you were leaving the club to pursue a coaching position in Paisley velo but clearly it couldn't have came to fruition hence the grudge.

Guest EPCC

James

Just to clarify a couple of points , I coach some of the Paisley Velo Race Team , I have never pursued a coaching position with PVRT , but as stated earlier work with some of their riders .

Grudge with who ? I was only stating that you do not represent JWCC as you have left , and since you thought PV was a better club for you to ride with I find it strange that you would want to ride with the JWCC, or have you realised that you made a mistake , that's ok most who leave do eventually realise that JWCC is the best club to ride for, I am sure if you contact the secretary you could join again.

Enjoy your riding

JWCC member Level 3 Performance Track Coach Level 2 Road & Time Trial Coach Trainee Level 3 Performance Road and Time Trial Coach Team Thomson Coach Ecosse Performance Cycling Coach

Guest james mck

You never coached me. All I ever got from you was snide comments. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man.

Guest EPCC

James

I do believe you are mistaken I have only really spoken to you twice both times only briefly and both times on a bike, I do not recall making as you say snide comments I do remember droping back to encourage you on a Tuesday night ride . Also you never asked to be coached

Enjoy your riding with the Velo

Sorry James meant to say Coaching Consultations start at £35 then performance plans start at £75 per block . However I currently do not have any space for any road riders this year but if you contact me after September I will see what I can do