Main Bunch 5th Jan 2014

Mark O

• 2023 Subscriptions

Still planning to be there, but just brought the bike in to change the rear wheel brake pads only to find a 5 inch crack in the rim breaking surface, so given that i cant be arsed going back into the shed to try and find a wheel, i'll get up early to see what the options are... dont hang about waiting for me...

Ian.....

• Life Members

Bunch of 7 - Boyd, Andrew, Tom, Alan Fox, Iain (JanUllrich), Emma & myself set off this morning to do the shorten loop of Dalry, West Kilbribe, Largs then up the coast back via Bishopton.

After a nice cafe stop at our usual BB, we were joined by Mr. Mcginty just after Skelmorie which swell the bunch to 8, happy even numbers. A few choose to head up the Clune instead of the Westferry on the way back, wise move as the head wind back to Red Smiddy was relentless!

Mark, we did you proud as we all manage to ride & stay as a group up until the split for the Clune!

The weather certainly didn't disappoint as rain started to fall just after Greenock, bit earlier than forecast!

I got home totally soaked & freezing, can't feel my fingers at all. I struggled to even open the front door with the keys due to unworkable hands!

141k today & 500k since Boxing Day, much more than I expected! I suppose a good start to my year then :-)

Thanks to all for the run today, most enjoyable yet again!

Cheers

P.S: Nice orange Assos top Iain, you should wear more colour. It brings out the colour of your eyes :-) Much better than "brown" any day!

Chung